want to find out

zeeky deek

Moaning all the time.
VIP Junglist
easy peeps,

pretty simple question, which programs would people suggest for startin out makin tunes, preferabley something wit a wide range of drum sounds. software based preferabley, but not too fussed about buyin some hardware too

Zé_Klown_DJ said:
easy peeps,

pretty simple question, which programs would people suggest for startin out makin tunes, preferabley something wit a wide range of drum sounds. software based preferabley, but not too fussed about buyin some hardware too

i think this has been asked a few times before , but Fruityloops or Reason are both a good start point . fruity you can use effects plugins and soft synths but the sequencing pisses me off,drum sounds and samples are ALL shit though. Reasons got everything already like synths ,effects ,mxer etc+ you can wire everything on the back. 2 cds of samples all alot better than fruity.you can also just scroll though ye samples which is much better.
Personnaly id probqbly go for Reason , thats what i use at the moment,which'll get you used to a studio and wiring effects and cvs etc. not such a good sound engine though but sounds fine when rewired to cubase or logic, and then you can use vsts. :teeth:
As for hardware get a good soundcard - rme hdsp 9632, then monitors - alesis m1 active mII then some sort of midicontroler evolution do a good budget range.

not sure if anyof that helps but there you go. (n)

Fruity or Reason

I personally think reason is shit, not very flexible in terms of plugins unless you're using it with cubase. Fruity and Waves plugins will allow you to get a very pro sound pretty quicly whereas the plugs in reason sound like utter toss.
Reason comes with better samples but you're better off sampling the stuff you want yourself rather than relying on a free set of samples to help you

sofware is easy enough to try before you buy nowadays anyway - so have a play with everything and see which one you like...

in the hardware side of things, stuff i'd always reccomend for beginners is:

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard
Edirol MA-10A monitors
M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller (or the Edirol alternative)

can't go wrong with those three... and those together should cost less then £300

Back
Top Bottom