WANT LOOOPS!

87goats

I'm looking for a good place to find 170BPM loops. Breaks, noises, anything. Anyone know of anywhere? Sick of chopping up vengeance samples. Halp!
cheers

sick of chopping up samples? if you mean vengeance one hits, then they wouldn't need much chopping, and im sure when you get loops you are going to be chopping.. hmm, maybe production isn't for you?

maybe i was a little harsh, re-reading it i take it you just have vengeance samples and want some more.. fair enough, but seriously google.com is pretty good man, personally i look their before doing anything else, nothing wrong with looking for shit yourself even just a little bit : )

but seriously google.com is pretty good man, personally i look their before doing anything else, nothing wrong with looking for shit yourself even just a little bit : )

Yeah I've just been using Vengeance and I was looking for other places to find good ones. I've looked on Google already, but wanted opinions.

My opinion is not to rely on samples too heavily. Sure, Drum and bass can be a haven of re-sliced samples, but why dont you try making your own beats, melodies and basslines once in a while? You'll be surprised how rewarding it can be!

My opinion is not to rely on samples too heavily. Sure, Drum and bass can be a haven of re-sliced samples, but why dont you try making your own beats, melodies and basslines once in a while? You'll be surprised how rewarding it can be!

Yeahh I'm feeling more satisfied when making everything myself than when using loops.

musicradar, various loop packs.

They're not at 170, but you can figure that out if you need to.

Yeah I've been programming all my own drum sounds, and on top of the kit sounds often end up with a few tracks of various perc sounds, but I find having a 1 or 2 bar loop in the background can busy up the tune and make it sound a lot richer. And it's easier than programming loads of little percussive sounds that may not sound good in the mix anyway.

it sounds obvious but i think a little of both is the best idea. sample the shit out of old obscure art vinyl from the 60s and use a perc loop from some professional pack. i arrived at this idea after years of purism turned scavenging turned back again and so forth. bit of both.

Personally if you wana get serious go and buy some really high quality drum packs mainly one shots. I only use full loop breaks when doing it intentionaly, for that "oh i know that break sound". Usually towards the end of a 32 or 64. otherwise i make everything from scratch. learn your high hats and rides etc. then figure out good perc sequences. choppin loops is for the birds. imo

Back
Top Bottom