Wall hangings and other such things....

GZero

No fear no sound!
VIP Junglist
I've just moved into a new place and I'm looking to decorate it with some nice wall hangings.

Looked online, surprisingly I'm finding it bloody hard to find those standard, cool looking (NOT fluorescent) pattern wall hangings that you can always pick up at camden market.

Does anybody have any good sites where I can pick up some of those old school wall hangings? Anything else nice worth looking at?

Moskit

:rodigan:
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I like metal art.

A bit bait, but checkout Dunelms mate...

Picked up some really minimal/tasteful bits n bobs for a non-extortionate price for our new front room. ;)

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
What do you mean exactly by wall hangings?

It's dead easy to staple fabric to frames.

On my stairs I've got a frame of Breakneck flyers, large framed plastic numbers 2 & 3 which came from a squat party in a cinema, some framed original graff, 2 by SOLO ONE, 1 by INSA, a smart framed original artwork by Oli Frey who did lots of airbrush computer game and fantasy art in the 80's, and 2 of the 70's blue chinese lady frames, (2 different ones).

I've also got a massive 'Filth by Irvine Welsh' poster signed across the middle in silver marker which I've still to frame, amongst other stuff.

Wilkinson's and IKEA are good for cheap glass frames.

Fortune^

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
VIP Junglist
I have some human skin lampshades which I picked up fairly cheap. Apparently they're from WWII era. Goes very well with my human skin rug.

On a less serious note, Have you not just considered getting a massive poster?

Dan M

hard gay northern bear
VIP Junglist
just go to a local photographer if you got a decnt one near you and ask for art/canvases. you can usually get a big hi def abstract canvas at a good price. ive bought some art recently and paid quite a bit for some stuff then i went here http://www.gallerinoblog.com/ and got some canvases of some abstract stuff really cheap and had a porfolio of pictures done with the fam.

dose.bs1

THE DADDY
VIP Junglist
I've just moved into a new place and I'm looking to decorate it with some nice wall hangings.

Looked online, surprisingly I'm finding it bloody hard to find those standard, cool looking (NOT fluorescent) pattern wall hangings that you can always pick up at camden market.

Does anybody have any good sites where I can pick up some of those old school wall hangings? Anything else nice worth looking at?
I have a couple in my room that i bought from Amsterdam, they had a website i used to use a while ago, ill try dig it out and post up if i can find it mate

Fes Rock

Nothing..........
VIP Junglist
no bachelor pad is complete without tear-outs of tity mags on each & every blank space of your house, the nastier the better imo