Wait, for a wobble bass sound does the sub have to wobble too?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Just wandering guys...

When I first started producing all the wobbles I made were from tutorials. Thos vids always layered a sine underneath detuned by 2 octaves which would obviously create the sub bass. (Back then though I had no idea :lol:) Obviously the lfo would have made the sub wobble too!

Now though I layer a sub underneath playing the same thing as my bassline. If I were to make a wobbly wub wub tune would the sub have to wobble too?

My guess is no but I want to be sure!

Cheers

Oh should probably add, don't have monitors so its kinda hard to tell :lol:

I can pick up subs on my headphones though, just...

It depends cause there is no real standards in music. If you have a lowpass filter, it's all about the cutoff frequency. If it's lowest point is just above the sine's freq, it doesn't wobble and stays sustained. As I have heard the most common is subtle volume change in the sub sine, caused by the filter or gain. Sub staying as an own synth is really common too. Of course there are many ways to do the wobble, sometimes the sub oscillator even changes pitch relative to the "wobble". Do it how you want it to sound - no standards.

Alright sweet :)

Think I will go with making a wobble then just running a big solid sub underneath.

Cheers!

ahh i see where youre coming from if you cant monitor the sub properly.

i find you can get a nice pulsating sub with a bit of pitch modulation and/or detuning

Back
Top Bottom