W3st- Hazer (Ughn!) NEW Drumstep/Drum & Bass

the idea is like, banging! so dancefloor
but the mixdown's gotta be improved so much... that high synth is so high in the mix.
Pure gold this would be with a good mix mate! ;) good job

Nice words, thank you! :D
Could you throw me some pointers for the mixdown? Thought i leveled everything out nicely but i guess not, the main synth/bassline is a 3 octave spread assortment of saws and squares or something (I dont have the DAW here and from what I remember it sounding it sounds like saws and squares) with modulated phaser... ANYWAYS youre saying I should turn it down, even tho its basically my only synth?

I know the compression rate on it has a high output maybe ill just turn that down a tad haha

Thanks for any help, cheers!

As im new and probably not that techie, i can only give away listeners choice.
You should just turn him down, give the kick more space and maybe spice up the snare a bit, if it sounds loose when louder ( just could imagine that happen)
but aside from that its really awesome, the bass is rocking really hard!

Ah I understand now. This always happens after I work on my music for so long... I cant differentiate sounds anymore haha. Finally noticed that the breaks were being drowned out as well as the arpeggio. As for the drop, turned down the high wobbly synth, and turned down the main bassline completely as well by about 1-1.5 dbs

but arggg im going to have to come back to it tomorrow because my ears need rest. Ill post the new version now, let me know if it still needs to be lowered... (I also changed it to 175 bpms as opposed to the old 170)

cheers

Here it is: http://soundcloud.com/w3stside/w3st-hazer-re-mixdown-175-bpm/s-McV8H

aside from it being awesome, why do you keep the kick so low in the "dub"- slow parts? it sounds so good on speed, wait, that sounds weird
(sidechaining with bass in some kicks would give momentum for its dub ^^)

aside from it being awesome, why do you keep the kick so low in the "dub"- slow parts?

I actually dont notice the difference between the dnb part and the drumstep part in terms of kick loudness... its probably 1) my shitty computer speakers 2) cause the dub part has a lot more bass and 3) cause ummm idk :uberlaugh

ill look at it again, but the levels sound better now yeah?

3. me being retard?
hard one, its probably
1. the speed
2.dunno, its just flat in the drumstep part, even if its the exact same hit, does not shine through that much, but i probably should go to sleep also ^^
nevermind though, its really picky, the mixdown is much better

its all good duder! need the criticism and pickiness to get better ya diiig. ill sidechain that kick a little harder during the slower parts to get it through the mix

and thanks for the help, just noticed the arpeggio is loud as hell now tho so i should be good after this

cheers

Back
Top Bottom