Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Chatterbox

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Breakneck

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
what makes a rave is its residents and following. not how much money they have to spend on using other peoples talent and equipment.

ie. behind vurt is rjm and ringle. how long dey been doing it for?
behind breakneck is scope
behind chatterbox is some jokas from london town who bring a london vibe.

and my residents are: jr,com click is hummm 1person, 2 ? na steppa, rtype, playa, stealthy, mpire, funx, jyve, wylie d
flyte, kraft, diablo, eksman, shortston, remino, j swif.

no1 can test, anyhow we aint in question!! its a pompee ting.
vurt, breakneck or chatterbox

would of included fdm but anyone that voted for them would of got shot casue dey is a joke and i didnt want anyone to die today.

You have to remember Skope was completely with Vurt for a long time too, and there is a still a very good relationship between the two events/promoters.

yeah man i aint dissing notting. i wanna go valve but im gonna be in dam.

but u dont wanna be advertising yourself as valve you wanna advertise ya self as breakneck.

basically i work with promoters all over the world and i aint neva seen a protion do as well as vurt!!!

altamatly:

when da last chatterbox was suppost to be on peeps say you going to det and brokie

4 breakneck peeps saying are you going to valve

but for vurt nomatter whos palying peeps say are you going to vurt.

i heard about owans raves. he once have 2 names on a flier. lab4 and badcompany and rammed it. thats impressive too!

Point taken mate, but you know how long Vurt has been running, the name speaks for itself.

Whereas BreakNeck is new, not everyone knows about it, but they have been told the Valve Sound System is in attendance. As you will know, these things take time, but Im sure after the 31st Jan, the name BreakNeck will begin to speak for itself :slayer:

I think the whole "Valve" event tag has come about purely because Portsmouth has never witnessed such an event, not to my knowledge anyway.

Im not just backing up BreakNeck because of my involvement, I would do exactly the same for Vurt. Since meeting Rob n Russ, I have met a lot of people who have helped me to get where I am today, and will hopefully continue to help me out in the future! :D

As for resident DJs, I would consider RJM, Ringle, M-Code, J-Tek, Triple M, and myself as good as resident DJs as any other residents anyone cares to mention.

Skope has put on some pretty sick events, and not just on the Drum & Bass front either, he knows his stuff :)

Boh! Roll on BreakNeck/Vurt!!!

Is Chatterbox comin back to Portsmouth BTW? Id have thought they're reputation cant be too hot ATM :-/

Not from Portsmouth myself but I must say that the forthcoming Breakneck line-ups have tempted me to reach southern territories......

What was the line up for Feb again?

:)

itz wikkid to see the pompey scene takin off in a big way,im glad to see some sik names headin to town,thats keep the pompey scene runnin,itz the best itz been for ages,i hope things get even better in 2003

Its gotta be said, which is the only night bringing in new line ups and events????? Not just same old, same old! Fresh talent.
Vurt did eq, moved to bigger better things. Chatterbox went eq.
Now everyone wants the pier? Who thought of that bright idea i ask you?

Originally posted by Element
Its gotta be said, which is the only night bringing in new line ups and events????? Not just same old, same old! Fresh talent.
Vurt did eq, moved to bigger better things. Chatterbox went eq.
Now everyone wants the pier? Who thought of that bright idea i ask you?

i know someone that did an event on the peir once and brought some propa fresh talent in. think it was in august 2002

da line up was:

DJs:: R.type, Playa, Fluid, Stealthy, Steppa, RJM, Limy, Lazy D.

MCs: Riddla, Foxy, Flyte, Kraft, Master X, Diablo

cant think who the promoter was tho.

ps. john b is a joka. big up

We know it was you :lol:

I was there, didnt really get busy though :-/

RJM and Steppa laid it down though :slayer:

I got a feelin John B's gonna rinse the "Electro" sound hehe!

yeah man his sets never even sound like drum and bass.

just hes so funny with his hair and glasses. He spends hours in da car b4 da rave making his rave perfect to fuk it up with the head phones but he calls it the climax.
den his glasses sometimes r so funney and the way he jumps around behind the decks!!!

All tings are good tings.
Pompey now has some top producers in Raiden, lynx & M-code.
Two wicked club nights in Vurt + B'neck, but i wont diss any of the others cause as i said all tings are good tings.
The only thing holding this city back is the 2 o'clock finishing time, because that stops people travelling, i have looked into extended licenses but its not gonna happen for a long time, except for on NYE.
Cant wait for the next Vurt, you can say what you want about sound system this, and lighting that, and security blah, and expensive drinks moan......but every Vurt has its own vibe and that is what makes it special. We had that vibe @ EQ, we had that vibe in the Plaza, fuckit we even got the Subway vibing back in the day....that is the most important thing in any club night, making sure people have a good time and want to come back.
anyway i could rant on for ages....
In answer to your poll....?
guess what....
VURT no.1 no question
boh

Originally posted by Sed
i know someone that did an event on the peir once and brought some propa fresh talent in. think it was in august 2002

da line up was:

DJs:: R.type, Playa, Fluid, Stealthy, Steppa, RJM, Limy, Lazy D.

MCs: Riddla, Foxy, Flyte, Kraft, Master X, Diablo

cant think who the promoter was tho.

ps. john b is a joka. big up

Think you'll find events going back before august 2002, and sdm's right it wasn't that busy.

Originally posted by Element
Think you'll find events going back before august 2002, and sdm's right it wasn't that busy.

na is wasnt. uni was off so dem mans was not der. and the geeza running da event hadnt done it b4 and didnt really know what he was doing. he lives in farham with no car and neva really came this way.
and i guess it was not an attractive line up.

when ya want something one propa do it ya self. seen.

but i did have 5 events that month in 5 different counties so a hole it was all good.

- -

boooooo big up rjm

God and i thought the hairdressers was bitchy.......
Well, im just playing the dutiful wife, cant really comment on any other events held in portsmouth having been to none of them!!!!. I just know that everyone who goes to vurt seems to have a good time (if ya like that sort of thing and anyone who knows me will know i definatley dont!). Lets really sort the men from the boys - my suggestion 'a sexiest dj in portsmouth poll' - the vurt boys win it hands down!!!!! RJM does it for me every time tee-hee.

I LOVE VURT, I LOVE VURT LA LA LALA LA LALALALA!

but i think breakneck is gonna kick ass also.

bigups to rob and owain for keeping the portsmouth vibe real.

Originally posted by M-Code
bigups to rob and owain for keeping the portsmouth vibe real.

My thoughts exactly!

rob n owain

0wn

the portsmouth dnb scene

:rambo: :tehpepsi: :outofammo :fuckinpc: :shrug: :rslayer:

Back
Top Bottom