VST's

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Ez im looking for a decent VST to use to create some grimey basslines. I don't have a keyboard (yet) so need one that i can use without needing a keyboard. Also are there any good free ones going?

most DAW have a piano roll, or u install sweetlittlepiano and a virtual midi cable, use board search, i had a thread about this. Then u can use ur pc keyboard.

Free vst not many good for basslines. NI Massive is more than worth its price. And u can make a ton other sounds with it.

most DAW have a piano roll, or u install sweetlittlepiano and a virtual midi cable, use board search, i had a thread about this. Then u can use ur pc keyboard.

Free vst not many good for basslines. NI Massive is more than worth its price. And u can make a ton other sounds with it.

Ok mate nice one!.. Do you know if cubase has a piano roll? If so how do you get to it?! Sorry for all these noob questions! Gotta find out somehow though lol

Project - Add Track - Midi
Then select the midi track
Click and drag a loop area at the top where the time line is
Double click on the track where the loop appears and hey presto a midi file should appear,
Now goto Devices - VST Instruments
Click where it says 'no instrument' and select an available VST
(Whichever you have installed)
Next go back to the midi track
On your far right you should see an 'in' & 'out'
Make sure your 'out' is selected with the VST you have loaded in
Goto the midi track and double click on the midi file you double clicked up earlier
This will bring up a new screen to which the piano roll is to your left!!
Hope this helps as forums are here to help not hinder =]
Practise makes perfect!!

kvr.com

Get lookin!! There are thousands of freebies and LOTS of good ones... and this is coming from someone who owns lots of Hardware and lots of paid for Softsynths.

There are some freebies that rival expensive softsynths.

Check out Crystal if you haven't already.... that thing is wild... run it through some nasty plug ins of your choice and you'll have bass madness in no time.

Thank you man. Downloaded Crystal and had a look. Think I need to spend a bit of time getting the feel of it, but I'm sure some good sounds will happen.
Love the envelopes.

Thank you man. Downloaded Crystal and had a look. Think I need to spend a bit of time getting the feel of it, but I'm sure some good sounds will happen.
Love the envelopes.

No problemo... it's a bad lil son bitch.

Also, check out:

1. Cygnus (baaadass Pad Synth)
2. Angular Momentum TB-30x (solid for bass)
3. Chill (makes ruthless bass, pads, really cool digital sound)
4. EffEm (I remember it being rough)
5. Meta4x2 (rockin sound for a freebie)
6. Flea3 (will blow stuff up, be careful, very loud, kinda sketchy though, lol)
7. Vurtbox (uuuuuugly, weird synth)
8. Motion (interesting Pad synth)

enjoy, another really cool thing about 'most' freebies, they use hardly any CPU cycles so you can use lots of them at once!

If I had to recommend a Pay synth... two that come to mind in terms of sound quality, and ease of use:

1. Vanguard
2. Albino 2

Back
Top Bottom