VSTs - Buy , crack or freelance?

BeeOtch

Coming up
Maybe its a stupid question but I keep thinking if actually everyone buys these 180€ expensive VSTs for example Massive or what ever...

I mean, I was working on a cracked Sony vegas (filmediting) till my father bought it :) And as he saw i was playing around a demo of FL and asked him if he'd buy it he did it because he (and so do I) doesn't like hacked things...

but on the other hand.... i haven't got a lot of a money (nor does my father even if it may seems so...) but with these free VSTs ( I found till now) I'm not really happy. So the thought comes up to hack this...
but then I think again:
If I spent my time to create this program and went through quite some struggle, i wouldnt want someone to hack it either, since this is actually STEALING...
Same with music, when I make tunes I don't want people to steal them either...

But well ...

I'm quite sure nearly all of you have the same thoughts and (hopefully) the same ethics/moral/you-know as I do... But how do you handle it?

Crack it and buy it later when if have the money?
simply crack it - fuck the producer
Search for nearly equal VSTs (can at this point maybe someone link a "Massive" Equivalent?^^)

What ever... May you could move this to waffle but it has something to do with Production so i just leave it here....

Greets

BeeOtch

If I spent my time to create this program and went through quite some struggle, i wouldnt want someone to hack it either, since this is actually STEALING...
Same with music, when I make tunes I don't want people to steal them either...
?

You've answered your own question really. Save up and buy them.

well I think it sucks for people who don't have enough money but still have a lot of creativity that they can't afford those plugins.. so imo it's only fair to use a crack when you really don't have any money..

Yeah I been wondering this n all but my mate who was a grime producer said if u make a tuneand it gets picked up by a label they wanna know the equipment u used is legit i.e registration codes etc, (sumink along those lines anyway)

Yeah I been wondering this n all but my mate who was a grime producer said if u make a tuneand it gets picked up by a label they wanna know the equipment u used is legit i.e registration codes etc, (sumink along those lines anyway)

u can get around that!
ive ya get signed just save up a bit an buy the stuff!lol

I say buy the vsts. saves problem, with cracked things they might break, give you a virus, or not give you the satisfaction of "holy shit, just got massive in the mail!!"

the difference between commercial plugs and fee is so incredibly small there are but a few plugs that really merit buying (or downloading cracked, as it were).
granted i use mainly hardware to get the sound for my sound i like the sound, but stuff like reverbs and delays and stuff are just as good with free plugs

they also come round your house and scan your hardware with uv light to make sure its not stolen :rolleyes:

crack commercially-oriented software as long as you dont sell your works. pay/donate for non-commercial software. my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom