VSTi

Zank

Bass
Is there any VSTi's that are like orchestral style or anything like trancey like netskys style of synths..

Can't get any good sounds out of massive..

Anyway, only VST I know of/use for orch/string sounds is Edirol Orchestral and it's quite nice. I don't really listen to netsky so I dunno what kinda sounds you're after exactly, post examples??

Netsky synth: open massive and turn on 3 oscillators and give one +5 pitch, pretty much it lol

orchestral stuff... cellofan is good for cellos, if you have $ look at the garritan library (and check out sabre's production masterclass vid)

ive tried quite a few free string/brass VSTs and they almost all blow/are hard to get to sound realistic for lead parts. for more atmossy stuff some of them are ok.

I've been hearing pretty good stuff bout the Garritan Orchestra Library too, however i think u r looking for something like Nexus. Easy to use and has some really trancey patches. Indivision used to rinse them.

You need samples really, synths won't give you a good, natural sounding string arrangement.

Sample old soul records and rearrange the string patterns, most of the tunes out there do that.

Trance synths are pretty simple, usually jsut a bunch of Saw's, with slow filters, lots of delay/reverb etc, better to figure out how to make the sounds you want than rely on presets, most synths are capable of producing most sounds with just a little bit of knowledge about how they work, look up Subtractive Synthesis Tutorial in YouTube to get a start

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

if you really cant b arsed to learn synthesis, try Albino 3, plenty of trancey presets in there

Back
Top Bottom