VST this Plugin that ?

Discussion in 'Production' started by ZeroDosage, Feb 22, 2004.

1. ZeroDosage

ZeroDosage New Member

Ok. . . . So let me get to it. Iv'e been making hip hop beats for about a year now and djing for about four years. I bought an mpc2000xl about 5 months ago but ended up selling it as I prefer the computer route more. Anyway ive been wanting to get into producing d&b for a while now. Im not really familiar with what vst's, waves bundles, plug ins, etc . . . are. I notice people seem to talk about these far more outside of the realm of hiphop production. For hiphop I sample everything and use FruityStudio4 as my sequencer and sound froge 7 to chop my samples. I read steinberg plugins, vst's, waves bundles, native instruments, and am not sure exactly what all these are.

Heres 2 clips of little "remixes" I did.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/dosagemusic.htm

I know . . . They took about 10mins to make its just a loop but it's all I have uploaded at the moment.

Thanks for all the help. Peace.

2. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

3. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

"Waves Bundles"

Waves are a company who develop plugins for VST, DX & RTAS formats, and release their plugins in so called Bundles... for example "Waves Restoration Bundle" includes several DX plugins that help you restore old recordings etc.

"Native Instruments"

Are a company that develop VST instruments..... i can see how their name is confusing ;)

4. iamahistorian

iamahistorian shithead

waves are real good for mastering software such as ultramaximizer ,which is in gold bundle 3.5 i think , you can use these for any type of music it just alows you to "polish off" the tune. native instruments make software synths, samplers and effects.