VST Presets Problems

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
EAAASY!

OK... I downloaded a few patches for some VSTs (Reasons 'Thor' and Massive) off DnBForum that had been posted by a few other people but every time I try and open them in either Reason or FL Studio, there is something wrong with them that does not allow them to be used.

Its normally something like 'patch is not compatible' or 'this is in the wrong format' or 'this file is corrupted' even though they all show up in my browser window and all appear to be in working order

Can anyone shed some light on this/lemmie know how to solve the problem?

nice one!

The only thing that comes to mind is that maybe you haven't copied the presets to the right folders?

Does Massive have it's own (.fxb or whatever extension it is for) presets folder? Likewise with Thor?

I'm sorry to ask, but if it's not that, then ???... maybe the files were corrupted when you dled them???...

If you have the presets copied to the right folders, then maybe you simply need to redl them.

'patch is not compatible' - That makes me think that maybe the preset was saved with a certain version of the Synth and maybe it won't work with a version that's below the version it was made with... for example, if a synth gets a patch that adds features, then it would make sense for a newer preset to not work in the older version of the synth... although I haven't run into this issue with any of my synths.

'this is in the wrong format' - Maybe the extensions for the presets aren't proper? Perhaps they've got an extra letter attached or are missing a letter?

:confused:

I hope you get it working... I know how frustrating it is getting things to work when all you wanna do is sit down and make some noise.

Let us know if you figure it out.

Na... Still no hope! :(

Thanks anyway mate. I guess I'll just keep trying a few different things.

Build up a library of my own too so I can share the wealth!

Will post anything up here if I get them working.

Sorry to hear... cool beans though.

I hope you get it working at some point... sooner rather than later : )

Back
Top Bottom