VST Automation on Cubase

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Easy all. Been trying to figure out how to use automation, in particular gradually raise the volume of a pad i'm using, but having no luck :( I know how to do it with audio tracks just not VST's.. Can anyone shed some light? Cheers!

Havnt used Cubase in a long old time so cant think of how to automate things within VSTs, if its just things like volume changes your after remember you can always just bounce the part down to a WAV and import it back in, then your problems gone as the parts on an audio track, so your all good with that. Obviously if you want to automate specific things with in the pluggin this wont be any help, but for simple volume changes, even things like additional filters etc, it'll do the trick.

Cant even remember how Cubase runs its instruments, do you have dedicated instrument tracks or do you have a midi track feeding a VST inserted on an audio track?

hello again mr muzza, right when u add a device or vst instrument, at the bottom of your sequencer you'll see its added a new channel called "massive" it wont let you draw on this channel as it is not midi.
if you expand the box it should give you some options that look exactly like audio parameters.
It should automatically be set to volume. make sure you click the R button to enable the parameter automation and voila you can now draw in what you need to.

hello again mr muzza, right when u add a device or vst instrument, at the bottom of your sequencer you'll see its added a new channel called "massive" it wont let you draw on this channel as it is not midi.
if you expand the box it should give you some options that look exactly like audio parameters.
It should automatically be set to volume. make sure you click the R button to enable the parameter automation and voila you can now draw in what you need to.

got it :) i knew this already annoyingly i was just well blazed last night and couldnt think!!! Cheers dude :)

haha quality,

Also, i no you didnt ask bt it took me years to find this out.

On your midi track, on the left hand side where you can see the ins/outs, effects etc, if you look at the bottom there should be an E in a circle. if you click that you can add vst effects to your bassline without having to convert to wav.
Really good to add different types of distortion or reverb that arent built into massive.
you probs already knew that but if not its a really handy tool.

haha quality,

Also, i no you didnt ask bt it took me years to find this out.

On your midi track, on the left hand side where you can see the ins/outs, effects etc, if you look at the bottom there should be an E in a circle. if you click that you can add vst effects to your bassline without having to convert to wav.
Really good to add different types of distortion or reverb that arent built into massive.
you probs already knew that but if not its a really handy tool.

yeah man found that last night :) Cheers for the heads up anyway though Freek! Next stop for me is getting a sample.. I've got what i want recorded on my sky+ which im going to run the sound out into my mixer then through to my soundcard and record! Surely im the first person to sample sky tv?! lol

9b93jo.png

Back
Top Bottom