VPN ??????

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Oct 6, 2014.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

does anyone use a VPN ? ... i need to use one, but want to know if there's a free one.. most seem subscription only.. do'nmt wanna pay unless i have too... also bitcoin usage .... nothing illegal going on here boss. no. nada. just trying toremain annymous..

also... whoever gave me the referral code.. shit aint working.. pm me.. BOWSS.. LOOKING AT YOU JUNGLE FEVER :mkay:

2. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

i have purevpn pay like 25 quid for the year and leave it had not problems on my second year

3. EWOKS

SO, BASICALLY, you have to pay... i dont pay for any software online, but i guess this is different... dont wanna torrent software.. so i guess paying is the only way yeah? speically if i wanna use bitcoins?

- - - Updated - - -

whoever linked me Agora refferal code... jungle fever i think.. please PM me ... swafe.

4. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

its kinds safeguards against any adware etc i suppose... plus vpn is bout settings not software so maybe u could look into code nets etc but i think they are generated uniquely

5. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

Tor is free to use, google will show you how...just download a browser with it built in ( simplest method - torproject.org )

its slow as hell tho; and isn't really anonymous anymore (since GCHQ etc etc started pooling worldwide net data)

6. EWOKS

exactly, thats why you use a vpn ... tor is'nt and never was completely annoymous ... so you are recommended by tor browser to use a vpn before using tor for optimal privacy ... i think?? , tor is for annoymity not privacy ... the privacy element is added by a vpn ...

i think

7. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

are you using TAILS as well?

8. bongobongo

bongobongo Member

Yes that's true, and the main funder of the Tor project is the American government. But unless your Heizenberg or a terror cell you really don't need the VPN too. Actually the best form of privacy would be to use a pay as you go 3g mobile dongle / hotspot and TOR without VPN.

9. Eternaloptimist

Eternaloptimist Active Member

use zenmate if you don't want to pay...chrome extension.

logikz likes this.
  10. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

I'll have a result for you tomorrow sam. But don't they deliver to where you are at?

11. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

12. EWOKS

do'nt worry, seems the oils more complex than once thought... i'll get back to you with the exact stuff gotta do more research me ol mucka

- - - Updated - - -

yh i heard using pgp etc is more important than using a vpn .. if its small time stuff anyway, and tumbling coins isnt really needed either.. but if you wanna noid out then go for it.. i'm new to it all really.. just trying to get my shit sorted and know i'm doing it properly..

not got as for as TAILS yet harry.. have heard of it .. is it pgp encryption ? im probably gunna use this one - gpg4win

13. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

It's an operating system you run off a disc, and it deletes everything once you shut it down, so there's no trace of anything either on the disc or on your PC. It comes with pgp/ tor an everything else already installed and spoofs your network cards MAC address. It's a ball ache to set up though.

14. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

I used one so I could have a bet in Thailand, most of the sites were blocked, oh and for iplayer and other telly. I paid but it was good and did the job, couple of dollars a month. Plenty of services out there.

15. Claus601

Claus601 Custom Title

Ipredator is great , guys from pirate bay

16. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

the whole point of Tor, was that it (was) anonymous and encrypted - the only reason it isn't anonymous today, is because governments around the world have pooled their data, prior to that, it was anonymous; the idea was that as long as someone could only see one side of the connection, they couldn't figure out the other end, so was anonymous - this is still true to an extent, but now Tor connections are being monitored extensively, so its possible to figure out both ends of the conversation, but unless you are doing something highly illegal, that shouldn't really be an issue, only governments have access to the international data pool (well...maybe some hackers have found a way in, who knows)