• Track M

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Track N

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Track O

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It'll be tricky to sing underwater, mainly because of the time you need to breathe between verses, but I think I can manage to record that.
true. breathing technique. breath control. diaphragm. mic angle (angle it so you have to face upwards, this is beneficial for your shriek) and be wide in the mouth, this helps with the high pitch.
also, be eldricht and far beneath the emerald waves. and lord of the deeps.

true. breathing technique. breath control. diaphragm. mic angle (angle it so you have to face upwards, this is beneficial for your shriek) and be wide in the mouth, this helps with the high pitch.
also, be eldricht and far beneath the emerald waves. and lord of the deeps.

Or just do the Dani Filth stance for the girly high pitched screams.

littlemer.jpg

ah, getting off topic now, soz ivan. its all compo talk from here on.

this compos nice hey. next time, i think we should do a theme/samplepack again. or something. or not, but we should try and figure that out imo

ah, getting off topic now, soz ivan. its all compo talk from here on.

this compos nice hey. next time, i think we should do a theme/samplepack again. or something. or not, but we should try and figure that out imo
Not a problem it was just the theme this time.

Not much of one tbh Ivan that was barely a theme at all this time around, in fact I think it's fair to say that the theme was that there wasn't a theme, kind of thing.

But what results, jeez louise, the quality, and amount of submissions was staggering, never seen anything like it before.

we are lucky in that sense, when it comes to compos our community usually puts up a turn out too big for itself to handle, there is barely enough votes to share between us, (no voting for yourself, you will probably not believe this, but that rule was conceived at compo#3 or something like that, far from as obvious as you may think) which I guess you figured to solve by double up on the votes? Clever design old boy, one of many clever little switches you installed.

First, I need to know who has issues withe the there tracks being shared.

320k mp3's def the way to go...mp3 is bad enough, but double mp3 compression via soundcloud is just painful :P

email, pm, wotever really...

I'm sure nobody will have a problem with their tune being included in the mix, having said that my tune doesn't have enough votes to deserve it lol....
Anyway, I thought the compo theme and freedom of it all was great, samples and restraints and all are awesome if it's 1997 and all you have is an emu and a tape machine......:teeth:

Alright Gentlemen,
First off, mad respect to all who participated this year. The idea was to see how well you used all the best tools in your tool box and everybody showed up. Nothing but respect for all who participated.
The polls are close. There may have been a revoting, with all contestants that voted for a track or two, revoting to spread out there votes. If it was needed, all tracks that had more than a Z score of 1, or more than 34% of the average vote would of been redistributed. (If need be I can post the equation.) However, due to the two votes process, the voting experiment ended up being much more spread out than normal occasions. (Except for the person who voted for track A. You are officially a cunt, and the person who only voted once.)
Anyway, here are the finalist for the judges.
Track D
Track E
Track K
Track N
Track I

Track F has been disqualified for technicalities.

@miszt I will send you the qualifying entries via drop box

If you are finalist make your track ready to be turned into stems. Remember, Fanu will do a final mix and master. I suggest getting your stems as tight as possible, but @fanu could you please give some clarity at what the winner should do before sending you the stems? If anyone is curious about getting your own tracks mixed and mastered by Fanu go to his web site at
http://fanumusic.com/mastering/
When the winning track has been mastered we will support our fellow production crew members the best we can. For example, leave a soundcloud comment or heart, put the track in your sig, re-post the track, or share it on social media. Hopefully, this time the winner may get signed by someone and we all could buy the track for a dollar. And the winner might have ten dollars to take his or her lover out, and get an ice-cream. You get the point. Thank You ALL for another great Compo
IV4
@logikz

Can include mine sure, but like subprime not sure it deserves it lol :) Great compo and prize, was really fun!! gl to the finalists gonna be hard for the judges to pick between you :)

Ill personally promote the winner on our FB, retweet in on our SC and play it in our sets for however long? :2thumbs: Ill hit up some labels too ;)

P.s I'd like an mp3 please of the finalists as well if its going?
Holy Shit,
This compo is turing out great. The winner will get a mix and master and some real support, the judges turned out to be A list judges, derelicts is going to put a mix together.
Amazing everybody!

Good luck to all the finalist! I can not wait to hear the final results!

As for stems:

-have the tracks play at somewhat desired volume so i wouldn't have to do a lot of that (obviously there'll be a little bit of that as I EQ etc)
-name the tracks accordingly for clarity
-bus some things to keep the number of tracks relatively low (e.g., some clients have sent up to 50+ tracks which can be hell to even look at, so some minor FX etc can be bussed into one track)
-if you've had a limiter on the master that'd effect the stems, please turn that off

:)

Back
Top Bottom