Vote for Andy C as the greatest DJ ever

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
http://greatest.dj/

Some of the inclusions are questionable but I guess seeing as its mixmag they had to shove a couple of trance jocks in there

SUB FOCUS ON WHY ANDY C IS THE GREATEST DJ OF ALL TIME:
"Andy is pretty much the fastest beatmatcher in the DJ game – there are few DJs that can get two records in time as quickly as him. He's definitely helped shape the way d'n'b is played. Double-drop mixing was something he became famous for. Now it's much more common to see DJs doing it. I really like the way he works old classics seamlessly into the mix, going right back to 1994 jungle. When you see him play now you're getting a snapshot of all the different styles of the genre and how it's evolved, too. And his ability to keep the momentum going over the course of a long set is so impressive. The last Ram Records night at The End before it shut down really sticks in my mind. He absolutely mastered the set-up in that club, having had a residency there for so many years, and his set was absolutely incredible. I remember him rewinding one mix seven times due to the insane crowd reaction it got every time."

Sorry to rain on your parade but its just gettin boarin now. Dont get me wrong Andy C is a good dj but every1 in the Drum & Bass scene sucks his d***. I mean who thinks they are too good to be released on a cd pack. I feel bad cus i got to be with him backstage at an event but seriously what does he do that most other dj's dont ! I think its time we start actually using our brains and stop being sheep. Kenny Ken was one of the first to double drop also i might add, and yea he did a good set at The End but wait how many times had he played there before. Rewinding one mix seven times pftt. Il give him credit for one thing and thats his use of classic tracks. Part from that hes just as good as the next.

Sorry to rain on your parade but its just gettin boarin now. Dont get me wrong Andy C is a good dj but every1 in the Drum & Bass scene sucks his d***. I mean who thinks they are too good to be released on a cd pack. I feel bad cus i got to be with him backstage at an event but seriously what does he do that most other dj's dont ! I think its time we start actually using our brains and stop being sheep. Kenny Ken was one of the first to double drop also i might add, and yea he did a good set at The End but wait how many times had he played there before. Rewinding one mix seven times pftt. Il give him credit for one thing and thats his use of classic tracks. Part from that hes just as good as the next.

jeez..... i think the erason he doesn't want to be on tape packs is coz according to vapour none of the dj's get any royalties from the sales of them... plus nightlife 5 is round the corner and he would'nt want any of his mixes to be recorded before its release... i remember he stopped being on tape packs for a while when the last night life came out... as for the scene bumming him to much.. props are due where props are due man, he is one of the quickest mixers out there and sub focus is just repping him for the dj poll thing, its just innocent pr

Put it like this, if Andy C ISN'T THAT GOOD, and everyone bums him for some strange reason, when he doesn't even do anything that special that a lot of other drum and bass djs can do, then why is he the only one that recieves so much attention like this? The whole world must be wrong I guess?

not a great list to be honest
hahaha why are fabio and grooverider there
hardly the best djs of all time
i vote andy c for the hell of it then

Surely its not even an argument. Andy C IS the best DJ in drum and bass. Got my vote standard.

Apart from everyones mate Dave who can beatmatch better than Andy in their bedroom.

so you're seriously saying I could compare him to say... Ruffstuff? jog on

he's the best D&B DJ around at the moment, nuff said. Im not sucking his dick, Im stating facts.

Last edited:
Excluding turntablism, I have never understood the whole "best" dj thing. Drum and Bass dj's should be the only dj's in that conversation to begin with. Its the only genre that develops a level of difficulty while mixing. When mixing any other genre, it's a joke in my opinion. You can honestly make a sandwich and spin house or trance or dubstep or whatever, at the same time. Sure selection is very important, how you react to the crowd too. As a dj, it's certainly not ALL about mixing, but that definitely is the major part of it, and drum and bass is much more difficult to mix, by a WIDE margin, vs the others stated....and if your a drum and bass dj and you also spin other genres, then its REALLY is game over.

That said, Andy Andy Andy...

first person I see on the list, Tiesto. Didnt know this was a compeition for the best "beat match an insanely long intro, then pose for photos/wave hands in the hair for 7 minutes" DJ

Back
Top Bottom