volume

mikeOO1

can anyone recommend a wave editor or vst that will boost the overall volume of a tune. i use fl, can you acheive maxmum volume with the built in mixer? when i boost the volume with the mixer it just gets distorted and i like to keep the mix in the green-orange, not in the red!lol ( on the sound level bar on the side ), do i just lower the DB's and push it that way? i saw a video ages ago & this guy imported the track into some software and widened the wave shape of the overall tune and was way louder without loosing important sound quality.:confused: cheers

cool ill give that a try now. ive noticed that things " naturaly " get louder when importing in edison but is there a knob you can adjust or something too, i cant find it in the tools section? ta bro

i cant remember mate.
i dont use it anymore, ive moved onto logic as ive found that the tunes i make on there end up sounding much better

HEY MIKE ITS CALLED FULL BAND LIMITING YOU CAN DO IT IN SOUNDFORGE BUT HERES A TIP. INSTEAD OF THAT JUS ASSIGN SOFT CLIPPER TO THE MASTER SECTION OF YOUR MIXER THEN TO ALL YOUR CHANNELS IN USE IN THE MIXER. TRUST ME THIS WORKS PRETTY WELL. BUT FULL BAND LIMITING IN SOUNDFORGE IS WHAT YOUR AFTER!.. OH YEAH CHEERS FOR THE HEADS UP ON MASTERING TIPS THE OTHER DAY MATE.

That's gonna mess up your dynamics really bad if you don't know what you're doing. Of course you can mess around and if you're happy then good... but 9 cases out of 10 the original will sound better on a big system if you just push up the faders.

Compression or limiting (what soft clipper does) is not a magical trick to make everything sound bigger, everything has a drawback to it. A single channel might sound good when you squash it but the whole mixdown will definately suffer.

Back
Top Bottom