'Volatile' - tech d&b, new mix, feedback needed!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by junglistguy2221, Oct 5, 2012.

1. junglistguy2221

junglistguy2221 Drum & Bass Producer

this is my 4th version of a track i've been working on the last week. heard it so many times now that i'm finding it hard to know what to change or improve so any advice is much appreciated! cheers

2. lasiien

lasiien Meh

I heard your previous versions and I think it's come on, the mix seems fine. I can't help shake the feeling it's a bit repetitive though once the track gets going, I can see as the track goes on you lengthen a couple of the stabs but I'm struggling to see where the tracks going is all. For what it's worth if I am stuck like this I try to look to my intro for inspiration, maybe try and work the vocal back in somehow and that'll tie it back up nicely with your intro ? Hope that helps

3. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

easy m8.
    sounding crisp and tasty. cant fault the mix.
    love the intro - the main bass riff needs a bit more variation to keep the interest up. maybe work some of the intro drums/sounds back in later on?
    sounds v nice tho :)

4. junglistguy2221

junglistguy2221 Drum & Bass Producer

thank you! thats very useful feedback, exactly what i needed to hear. glad to know the mix is ok, i felt there was something missing so now i know what the next stage should be.

cheers to both of you and everyone in the previous thread.

5. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

Grimey little tune!

As already said it is a bit repetitive atm tho. Need to do something different with the bass after the first 16 bar phrase of the drop.....maybe try some different notes or filtering/fx movements. Keep up the good work!