voice chant?

wingz

everyones fav austrian
VIP Junglist
i wondered how you can achieve a chanting sound with a synth, like ed rush has in the host for example

that aaaaaaaaaahhhhh

or can't this be achieved through synthesizing and everyone is just using samples? doubt it

would be cool if someone could shed some light on this

mm yea that's also possible. i just don't like the samples i found, i'm looking for a 8 bar long hollow hooooooooooooooooh with a lower pitch

Get close in the synth, add a bitcrush and eq for the vowel. . . . .tune all to taste. Thats the first thing I'd try

and these might help
sub_formants-voweltable.png

2325984.jpg

mm yea that's also possible. i just don't like the samples i found, i'm looking for a 8 bar long hollow hooooooooooooooooh with a lower pitch

They are more than likely using hardware, you can achieve similar sounding things on a few vsts, I think Hypersonic has a choir section in it. Samples would work too but when you go from such a low note to the higher note that they go to, you would hear the loop point which i didnt, so it leads me to believe its a vst/hardware. specially the pitch bend at the end which is so simple to do on a midi...

I think you'd get better and much less "synthetic" sounding results from a sample mate, keep digging.

look up some videos of choirs on youtube and take some bits from those.

yea but the problem is usually only a lil chunk of that is usable, and when i timestretch it too much it sounds wacky. delay isn't smooth enough and reverb is too weak :/

yea but the problem is usually only a lil chunk of that is usable, and when i timestretch it too much it sounds wacky. delay isn't smooth enough and reverb is too weak :/

Throw it in a sampler man. I know the ableton sampler has a "crossfade" that blends the sample loop. and then glide.

I've got a talkbox and a vintage synth, want me to record something for ya? You could send some midi files

reason has combinators with loads of different choir and vocal bits

pretty sure they all use samplers and samples. All the synth choirs ive heard sound like shit. Jeust get out esx24 or kontakt and go nuts

yea its samples but the can do the job if all u need is a droney choir bit

I think the all powerful granular synth has been over looked! Dropping a vocal in a granular is amazing. the possibilities are insane.

Back
Top Bottom