Vocoder Basses

AzUK

I've been using formant-y stuff as the carrier and a neuro in harmor.

For the formant-y stuff I've been using FM Synthesis in Sytrus using a Triangle Wave with extra harmonics modding a sine wave with multiple higher fundamentals modulating both the triangle wave and the sine wave

For Neuro I've been messing with the unison settings and whatnot.

I run both through a Vocodex, and immediately everything sound muddy and I can't fix it.
Any Help?

Patcher Preset: (FL Users Only) https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Bda-ww4VRgM1RUTDNLakJSRDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
It could be a number of things... you might need turn down the big blue dial in the top left and also the slider next to it if its quite high. Once you have done that make sure it has its own channel in the mixer open a parametric eq 2 and bring it down around 400hz use the roller on your mouse to close the gap down abit that is left.. if its not right boost around 500-600hz... then if it is still muddy open a blood overdrive in the mixer and put the eq below it on the list then boost the color dial, the preamp dial and i think the band filter if it is turned all the way down...I have used this method with the vocodex before and on pretty much everything.

WOW! Nice patcher work. On primary driver it took about a second to come out when i had played a note (+94ms buffering). Anyway I tried playing with the dry/wet and the hp and lp on the modulator and carrier (beside the dry/wet) and i got it sounding a bit better but not too much. The best results were from playing with the modulator pitch shift. bring the lower freq's down and the higher freq's up and keep messing around with that

Back
Top Bottom