Vocals in Remixes...

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
RIGHT...

I'm remixing a track but I literally cant find the cunting acapella anywhere and I've looked everywhere....

What is Love? - Haddaway

if anyone has it... let me know PLEASE!

Anyway... my main question is this:

If (like in this case) someone cant find the vocals/acapella for the track said person wants to remix, what are peoples views, in general, on re recording the vocals with a totally different singer?

Im assuming people prefer listening to the original vocals from the song that is being remixed, but does it bother anyone when a sample is re recorded with a diff vocalist and used?

I just cant find the fucking thing!

Hope that made sense... ta

Or if you have the track as a whole and a instrumental version (they need to be exactly the same quality though)

You can paste them both into cool edit or soundforge, invert the waves and the instrumental version will cancel out the music from the original leaving the vocal

can be a fucker to do soemtimes though

Or if you have the track as a whole and a instrumental version (they need to be exactly the same quality though)

You can paste them both into cool edit or soundforge, invert the waves and the instrumental version will cancel out the music from the original leaving the vocal

can be a fucker to do soemtimes though

that is fucking genious!

^^^ its a common technique tho. dont forget to invert phrases..

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

sounds good btw, that pad seems a bit airy in comparison to the original, and the snare is a tad too short for my likings, but i like the bass you got going on there, nice :)

yeah I was looking for this acapella a while back, apparently it doesn't exist, but the female vocals are sampled, so you maybe able to find them

Also instead of hunting for an exact instrumental to do what zeal said, you can do a similar thing with the right an left channel, which means you eliminate anything dead centre, which is usually vocals, drums & bass, & then use that bounce to invert the waves of the original, leaving you with only vocals & drums & possibly bass

hopefully that makes sense

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

and for other projects is also a good way of taking the vocals out of tracks

Back
Top Bottom