vocals in fruity?

kez-oy

can any 1 tell me how to get vocal samples into fl studio 9? and possibly wer to get good samples from?

drag and drop into the arrangement
search for accapellas of either specific songs or jsut accapella packs

Just insert them as any ordinary sample, insert a sampler and load it from the file location.

Vocals i tend to drop into the playlists so i can see the waveform.

I like to open up Slicex then drag and drop the vocal samples into that, from there I can chop up the vocals however I see fit, then drag the slices of vocals off of the slicex into the automation area of FL, thus leaving a nice waveform of the vocal which I can see. Then I'll throw that onto a mixer channel and add FX as I see fit.

I've been recently practicing working with 'real' vocals, ones that I record myself by singers or friends that have a good voice and good pitch. They are few and far between but it gives tracks much more personality. Accapellas are a good way of practicing arranging vocals though, and tbh many commercial top tracks use them too. Just be sure to use them in an orginal manner (cut, slice, process etc.), not just slap a vocal track on top of it all. I've fallen into that trap too many times.

I like to load vocals into edison first so i can select the bits i need, or make a loop with the vocals which will make it easier to match them with the beat...

Back
Top Bottom