Vocals Baby

Oly

Vocals have always been prevalent within dnb, but i've always wondered where they get those killa vocals.
My only sources are sample cds and old vids at the moment.
Where does everone get there vocals from?-i'd really like to know.
Also does anyone know of any good female vocalists ripe for sampling? :lickface:

Originally posted by Oly
Where does everone get there vocals from?-i'd really like to know.

Ive just hooked up with a local vocalist to start a vocal dnb group ala Kosheen but darker :pimp: i reckon it's better to get your own vocalist rather then using samples all the time, cos you can do multiple takes, and redo anything that gets fucked up.

Recording equipment can be a problem, you'll need access to a good condensor mic and something to record on (CD / Minidisc are good choices). As well as that, you'll need some decent closed back headphones - important!

It can be a good idea to get a reverb processor aswell and feed that into the vocalists headphones (but dont record it).

Good luck buddy!! :slayer:

How do you guys decide what vocals to use? Do you just sample whatever you think can work in a toon? If you get a voice from an LP, but it has backgrounds on it, How can you get rid of the backgrounds so that you can only have the voice? Is this even possible or would I have to sample from an A Capella vinyl?

Back
Top Bottom