Vocalists FAQ

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hi guys,

How does a vocalist that gets featured in a track get paid? They sign a contract with the label or I have to pay them before??

Also this can be done remotely? In the sense that, vocals can be made let say in London while I'll be in Malta at the same time?

Session singers should generally ask for a session fee and royalties - so both. They might be willing to work just for an upfront fee, but they shouldnt. Who pay's them needs to be decieded between the artist and the label, and that will depend on the interests of both parties and the potential commercial value of the track

Session singers should generally ask for a session fee and royalties - so both. They might be willing to work just for an upfront fee, but they shouldnt. Who pay's them needs to be decieded between the artist and the label, and that will depend on the interests of both parties and the potential commercial value of the track

^ This. The biggest factor will depend on how "known" the artist is and whether or not you'll be dealing with the management/agency. If it's someone less known from somewhere like soundcloud, chances are they're thrilled that someone wants to collab with them.

It can be done remotely as well, we're currently working with a young lady out of the UK while we're over here in the states.

Cheers.

Dude. That's what autotune is for! :spliff: it doesn't have to be all Kanye West style, it can be pretty inaudible too. Like it was meant to be - a subtle and transparent pitch correction tool, not an effect. I used it and I'm not ashamed. I've heard that I have a nice voice, but as I've never practiced it outside my own shower, my pitch isn't very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom