Vocalist wanted for liquid drum and bass

Fourstoriesdown

Title says it all really, I'm looking for a vocalist that would be interested in doing some pretty melodic very liquid style drum and bass. Much like a cross between Helios, Netsky and Bop, (probably really bad examples to be honest). Ive been writing drum and bass for a little over 4 months now using FL8, after dabbling with chip-tune for about 7-8 months.

The idea is to use pretty heavy effects on the vocals so they don't stand out too much - but to be honest it would be nice to get a bit of natural human input into a track. The idea is much like "first dream called ocean - Helios (Stray remix)" But a little more upbeat.

Basically if your interested - drop me your e-mail and ill send you one of the tracks id like vocals done on, obviously you can criticize and change anything your not happy with or anything you think could be done to make anything sound better. And you will be credited fully in the ID3 tag.

Check my soundcloud for a rough idea of the kinda stuff i work with (http://soundcloud.com/fourstoriesdown) - especially the "44. caliber love letter - alexisonfire remix" and "Euonia", because that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for vocals on.

Looking forward to working with you.

Attachments

• Liquid dnb sampl&#101.mp3
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 72
mate I have the same problem. need a vocalist for some of my tracks.

I like what you've done on ur soundcloud man. Your techniques need refining but the ideas are pretty nice :D
keep at it mate

Well i suppose you've pretty much found your style so thats not a problem...
I think the beats (not to say that i dont like them) are kinda lacking the beefy punchyness that i (personally of course) like in drum and bass.
Beef up the kicks and snares a bit.
Also beefin up the bassline to just define them all a bit more would be good too.

Basically you've got the right ideas, you just need to make everything a bit bigger.

that make any sense? :teeth:

Hi All,

I am an experienced vocalist, have done live D&B in the 90s, and have years of live and recording experience. If you want sweet vox, funky or something alternative, then drop me a line. I was the vocalist for Next Wave of Jazz, who played alongside Roni Size, Krust, Grooverider and others. I used to do live vox and freestyle lyrical MC on gailalive radio, in Brick lane.

If you want to know more or hear some vox, drop me a line. I have my own equipment, and can record and send you my vox online. I am based in London and can travel also.

BTW, I am looking to set up something live again, so if anyone knows anyone who is up for something beatzy and live, then get in touch with me.

On the subject of vocalists. Hospital are soon to release a sample pack containing vocals from all their top vocalists eg. diane charlemane. Think its coming out soon. Finding accpellas is defo one of the most frustrating parts of being an amatuer producer. You trail websites listening mostly to a lot of shit in search of the perfect vocal. http://ccmixter.org/ is another website with a few good pellas.

as a beginner you rarely think about recording vocals yourself. or that finding an acapella that suits your needs is hundreds of hours of research or just plain listening through records. dj shadow is a good example of a man who is patience personified. when he wasnt making hyphy i mean

ez peeps, anyone want any vocals done on tracks, can do!! got an akg perception so will be high quality sound aswell.

as a beginner you rarely think about recording vocals yourself. or that finding an acapella that suits your needs is hundreds of hours of research or just plain listening through records. dj shadow is a good example of a man who is patience personified. when he wasnt making hyphy i mean

thats what iv started doing... all be it it sounded terrible on my first track but with practise you can make some decent samples urself :)

Back
Top Bottom