Vocal Samples?

Discussion in 'Production' started by Krispy, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Krispy

Krispy Member

Vocal Samples.

Anyone got some? Know where to get some?
    I already got some dancehall acapellas but i'm looking for some different stuff...

2. DJPancake

DJPancake NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED

Do you get podcasts from iTunes? Do you have music of any sort?

If yes, then your in luck, just take what you need from what you have.

That artist stole it from another artist, which got it from another which got it from another... ...etc...

Everyone does it, its only cheating if you use the entire beat or instrumentals, i guess. lol

Like you asked, all you real need is the short hits. :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  3. Krispy

Krispy Member

Yeah good call.... I understand what you mean but this raises a question......

The vocals on those tracks will have other instruments and sounds behind them so how would that be eliminated? I would rather just have ready to go stand-alone vocal samples than tamper with someone elses songs and try to do it that way

4. the-rippa

the-rippa I'll Kill You Bastard !!!

Try this place Krispy, acapellas4u there a bit tight with the downloads (only 5 a month i think) but somethin' is better than nothin' .......

5. shnitzel

shnitzel New Member

I've just spent some time trying to find the best places. I was considering buying one of those cinematic dialogue sample cds with all the cool vocals from old scifi/horror films. But I then discovered that all the samples are from public domain films - so why pay for them if they are legally free for anyone to use!

you can download a lot of these old films from archive.org or just browse youtube and record the audio straight into your daw with something like soundflower.

Best example I can give you is over here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz7k00544PA

Its a 3 part episode from an old tv series in the 1950's but mate some of the lines from their "investigative journalism" is pure gold!

Audiobooks are also a good place and checkout your local thrift store for old cassette tape/vinyl of childrens sing-a-longs etc.

6. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

nice one for your name. ^^

but i assume he wants netsky kinda vocals - yeah, i guess the important point of those is to really search for something new or maybe even get a vocalist do something.

maybe even sing them yourself :D

would like a good place to get accapellas aswell.

7. DJPancake

DJPancake NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED

This has come up before, i don't remember who posted but he said to lessen the snare with out destroying the rest of the sample, crank/duck the sample's volume really low, then right away bring it back full force. It must have worked for him.

An EQ can get out allot, but definitely not all, of the instruments. Maybe resample/render then compress, maybe.

It is impossible to do, but you can get pretty close if you try long enough.

Dont for get to give me rep :D

8. kama

kama benkama.net

i've done that once, with "footsteps in the dark". if the beats are simple, its possible but the results are not that spectacular. do a quick fadeout when the hit comes in and a fade in when the hit goes out. it's sort of sidechaining the sound, but not quite. it's not perfect tho and with a more singing (instead of, say, rapping) it'll stutter.

9. kama

kama benkama.net

But for anything useful, accappellas are your best bet. Hell, it's mostly illegal to use them anyway so i'd search any p2p networks.

10. dj-dusty

dj-dusty Member

Buy a decent mic, record your self saying whatever you wanna say, then wack a shit load of effect on it.

Pitch it up or down
    Vocoder
    Phasers
    Filters
    Distortion

Posibilitys are endless, plus the sample is 100% yours then so you know that its unique.

11. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

This :D

12. Krispy

Krispy Member

So true.......

I've thought of buying a recorder too just for the purpose of recording other cool random sounds in the outside world

13. wackybacky

wackybacky New Member

If you want accapellas and albums to sample then look no further than soundarea.org. No joke.