Vocal samples? catchy one liners from films?

SENATE

Hi all

Recently I have been producing a lot more and cant seem to get off my PC!

One thing that I always struggle with is finding a fitting sample to either complete or inspire me to finish a track.

Example being through the intro and build to first drop - A clean, interesting bit of dialogue/ sample
I spend ages on youtube, really just guessing what to type in and hoping that I'll find a gem from a 1950's gangster movie!

I never have!
Found a pretty good site for movie quotes etc all in studio quality however, out of all of them, non really fit or are unique enough to carry a track.

I'm not asking for your samples.
Does anyone have any films they know that are quote heavy?
Is youtube the best for this sample hunting?

Cheers guys:boobies:

Well, off the top of my head:

-Dawn of The Dead
-Scarface
-Aliens
-Hellraiser
-Scanners
-Guyver 2: Dark Hero
-28 Days Later
-The Matrix
-Equilibrium
-Paranoia 1.0
-Armitage Poly Matrix
-Juice
-Reservoir Dogs
-To Live And Die In L.A

In any case, you should watch them if you haven't. I found a website w/ a nice selection of rips from various movies, public announcements and stuff, but I'd have to find the bookmark. YT's pretty decent you just gotta have some idea of what you're looking for.

I was thinking of doing this, is it legal to sample a quote from a movie/tv etc?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Not technically, but as long as it isn't for commercial reasons (i.e you making money off the track), why give a fuck? If you want to start selling the track, just hunt down the copyright owner and get their approval (probably involves paying a royalty fee on each sale).

I'd say just keep looking, most sound bites can be made to fit in somewhere and if not you can mash them up with fx to turn them into something completely different! This is electronic music after all.
Get an audio recorder and keep it with you at all times! :)

Get an audio recorder and keep it with you at all times! :)
Agreed w/ this. If you can afford one, try one of the professional sorts w/ dual mics at the end; they go a few hundreds tho. I just went and ordered a 702 from Olympus. Doesn't have noise-cancelling or eq but that can easily be done w/ plugins on your comp. Has a neat mp3 player function too. They range btwn $30-$60 depending on where you're buying.

Back
Top Bottom