Vocal effect in Icicle ft. SP:MC - Dreadnaught?

boobjunkie

VIP Junglist
at the end of every line SP spits his voice modulates and becomes kinda robotic and hollow sounding, anyone care to shed some light on how icey has achieved this? cheers

it sounds to me like a reverb with a really tight 'size', filtered and distorted to get that mettallic sound - also sounds like a quick slave gate cv chop on the level too.

could be a million miles off, but that's how i would go about making that sound.

banging tune. icicle's basslines are heeeeviiiieeeee!

i think i heard he used to use mostly Reason, but i would assume he's playing with all kinds of hardware/software now.

top producer.

i might have a crack at creating something similar and post a walk through/video in the next day or two.

let's see what other opinions are...

easy man, i would assume hes using a vocoder :) they can do lots of things with vocals. he uses reason and logic so probably used a plug-in !

Based on how much he likes comb filters that could possibly be slapped in the effects chain somewhere

it sounds to me like a reverb with a really tight 'size', filtered and distorted to get that mettallic sound - also sounds like a quick slave gate cv chop on the level too.

I suggest something like this ^^

Either a super tight delay with very little feedback, and/or reverb with a small density and diffusion time. It's like you can almost hear every grain of reverb on the voice, rather than it being a lush full sound. Also maybe a little bit crushing, chorus in there too.

I'd hesitate to saying he's using a lot sending and automating what goes where and when. You can hear it when the effect kicks in, the tail of it goes to a bigger reverb. So maybe evening some ducking going on in there as well.
Possibly even eqing the busses to extenuate specific parts of the words so they're more effected etc

Either that or he's just choppin up the vocals and doing it manually, or using something effectrix.

Yeah.

Back
Top Bottom