vivaldis four seasons - winter

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Dec 13, 2012.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

is all i can listen to right now. ive had it on repeat for hours. i hear it playing, like, in smallest details, the full orchestra, every little twang and flurry, when its not on. i think i mightve gone funny from being awake this long. question: when is it officially time to go to bed?

wonder if i can learn something from it, like if i can get some sort of insight into vivaldis genius if i listen to this song for all night.
    maybe ill be influenced, adapt, borrow from his highly emotional crescendos, the stark contrast between the forte and andante,
    the choice in instrument. i write black metal and drum and bass so its unlinkely. anyway vivaldis good, hey?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

i listened to this on acid...i don't know why, but it was amazeballs.

3. logikz

dude could it be anything but? although i was emotionally overpowered by an old ebony bookshelf i got when my grandmother died, filled with first editions (that i would never in a million years read, what the fuck do i care about russia or sparta or whatever) its beautiful but looking at it on acid was... not pleasant. it had this old world dominance, one that clearly made you feel the difference between the haves and the havenots is not race nor creed nor religion or color, its just that. having. and what we have we keep, isnt that the family motto?
    anyway it completely knocked me on my ass, had to cry and go away from that room until the next day. so it could be vivaldi would do the same, come to think of it

4. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Sooo now you've got that off your chest can we turn this into a thread about cliches from the world of classical music? Or pretend we're in a library maybe?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  5. logikz

close enough. but vivaldis winter is fantastic do you not agree? long as we have eine kleine nacht muziek we should get pachabels canon in d minor (or is it b?)

6. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

D major. Pachebels Canon in D major. beautiful choon innit meight do you like jazz or

7. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

dont need to be on drugs to enjoy good music

8. logikz

jazz? i love jazz! and no you dont thats true marklars but you do need drugs, in genral, so as to overcome the unbearable unbearability of living in this prison of flesh. its alright for those in love, in the iron grip of evolution, they can live in a volvo with two dogs and a kid, be happy as... what is it, larry? happy as larry? but soon as youre not in that derranged state of love, for love, i have concluded is a state of temporary (or not so temporary) insanity, things seem rather... random, why arbitrary even, and... unreal. not unreal like surreal but unreal like fake. man love is difficult. i fall in love all the time, me. get my heart broken like every day. such is the life of a young man, in the world today. my word, isnt it just. im about to make another tune, and im considering techno? like basic channel? wouldnt that be cool?

9. MARKLAR

yes jazz
    unfortunately i did not read all that
    as im drinking for friday today
    back to the present shit its very complex
    im also opening up my new business its tiny classified ads

10. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

have you heard Blawan and Pariah's stuff as Karenn? also the totally unpronouncable and ungoogleable schxschxschxschx-mnhmnhmnhmnhmnhmn EP (its actually a thing. actually something like that) I'll post a link tomorrow or whatever. Fuck it. Techno trade off. tomorrow. or whateverrrr.

and by tomorrow I mean this new day coming up. not tomorrow as in tomorrow but tomorrow as in the sun rises today tomorrow I need sleep.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
  11. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

42 seconds sounds like sky fall...

12. Phat_Sam

For reals though... I wrote a string quartet assignment for my lectures at college... had some real people play it out and it turned out better than I thought it ever would... could find it if you gays were that way inclined?

13. Phat_Sam

You can learn shit loads. in a massively gay way... less about string arrangement but about impact arrangement and definition not soley but mainly within strings...

14. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

no of course not, but LSD gave me the attention span to actually listen to classical.

not to say i don't respect it, just doesn't hold my interest.

will probably end up sampling some doe.

15. logikz

woke up this afternoon after a few hour of well needed sleep. its that 2nd night thats just a miraget, a myth, youre out of juice on the 2nd night. couldnt get nothing done last night and i tried it all, from dnb to techno to rock. was ridiculous. never seen anything like it, totally lame and unimaginative. when the ngiht before was such a success too. im wasting my damn life is what it is. i should be in gainful employment.

16. MARKLAR

fair enuff
    id never do acid i always need to have a clear head on me or i go crazy.lol