Vista + recording

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
I have vista 64 bit, and can't record any kind of sound from my pc, whether its when i'm mixing or just playing songs of the pc.

I've tried various software (audacity, and adobe audition 1.5) and no matter what i do i can't record.

The external soundcard is a nio 2|4 and i've tried their forums but no luck..

Has anyone had this kind of problem or know of any solutions?
I may partition my hard drive and run xp of the other one and see if that works, but if there is an easier method i would rather do that..

I did search for similar threads but couldnt find one, sorry if iv missed one..
cheers in advance

It'll be nothing to do with the partition the OS is running on. It'll be your settings in audacity or the drivers for your soundcard. Go into audacity and look at edit-preferences-audio (i think) and see what its using as your input.

Also check your drivers, can't remember exactly how in vista but in xp its control panel-system-hardware-device manager. Look for your soundcard and poke around to see if windows thinks its running ok

Last edited:
updated drivers but still no dice, however audacity now says error whilst opening sound device, check the input device and check the project sample rate (same sample rate as i am using in traktor 48000)

cheers for the suggestions and such

It's because you're using 64bit, nothing is compatible with it... I'm not like taking the piss or anything but everyone I know who's had 64 bit had nothing but compatibility problems :/

It's because you're using 64bit, nothing is compatible with it... I'm not like taking the piss or anything but everyone I know who's had 64 bit had nothing but compatibility problems :/

right im gonna upgrade to windows 7 then i think, should be able to get it cheap of a mate :)

cheers

sounds obvious (but with these things it most often is the most obvious thing!)... but have you made sure that your soundcard/jack/whatever is actually enabled for recording?

ps. vista is gay, windows 7 is what it should have been!

yea vista is shit tbh!! even 64bit which is supposed to solve all the compatibility issues still sucks. but i dont reckon this would affect the recording on ur pc. i would def double check the settings for the soundcard.

it is all enabled (as far as i can tell) iv fiddled loads with all the devices and stuff, changed the various lines in and cables, updated all the drivers, checked online, just doesn't seem to want to work...

for instance trying to set up a mic for teamspeak or stuff like that, you can't configure it in anyway,

i've set the default recording device to be nio 2|4 line in, it says its working - but it obviously isn't.

i may be missing something really obvious, ie cables going to the wrong places.. but on xp i could record whatever was running through my speakers, doesn't happen on vista.

Only thing i can suggest is upload some screen shots off your sound card interface program and the same with the sound input settings on your recording software. This way we can all clarify if you have got the settings correct.

Clutching at straws with this one tho... Unless you fancy a bit of Remote access and i'll sort it for you ? lol

Untitled-1.jpg

1. Click sound icon, select 'recording options'
2. right click souncard and 'enable'
3. if this fails, ask someone else

i dont have a stereo mix option, the sound options are either creative audigy, or the external card. I could try dling the realtek drivers for the motherboard..

jfw752.jpg

2im7qlt.jpg

Last edited:
soon to be screenpuncher...

i think il get windows 7, and then report back, cheers for all the help fellas

Lol don't just change your operating system cos you can't get it to work, not the route to take imo.

The properties you are looking at are only the in Vista sound properties, if you are seeing a signal on the meter bar to the right of that then that is not your problem, if you aren't then you need to open the Audio interface for the nio 2/4 which should either be in your task bar or in you program files folder.. Something like this;

realtekscreenshot.png

Sorry did just re-read your post but you have to have something else to tweak like that Creative thingy your on about... If that Nio 2/4 doesn't have an software with it then its a piece of shit so just go back to basics and use the standard Mic port with a Phono to Jack cable and then be rid of this hassle!

Back
Top Bottom