Virus Recordings Databeats store

Commander

VIP Junglist
Great news that virus have joined databeats with their own store and also the back cat seems to be available digitally, my only hope is that they are from the original dats and not rips like beatport were selling before.

I tweeted him last night.....

Me: are the older releases newly remastered or same as before? Any chance medicine remix will appear? Thanks!

Optical: some are remastered but most are the originals...chasing up Medicine Rmx and a few other bits soon!

So no vinyl rips at least then?

To be fair if more people can play out the medicine remix i'm all for it, can't get tired of the tune. However, I take your point about it being played by every man and his dog - it'll take away my nerdy vinyl superiority complex.

I tweeted him last night.....

Me: are the older releases newly remastered or same as before? Any chance medicine remix will appear? Thanks!

Optical: some are remastered but most are the originals...chasing up Medicine Rmx and a few other bits soon!

As is from the original dats and not the rips?!

every cunt will be now smashing the digital of Medicine Rmx :teeth:

it'll take away my nerdy vinyl superiority complex.

The only plus for me is my own rip had a big scratch on it from the drop for about 15 seconds so I'd get rid of that bloody huge click I get!

As is from the original dats and not the rips?!

Admittedly it wasn't the finest of answers. Plus I don't really know which ones are remastered to rebuy!

The only plus for me is my own rip had a big scratch on it from the drop for about 15 seconds so I'd get rid of that bloody huge click I get!

Admittedly it wasn't the finest of answers. Plus I don't really know which ones are remastered to rebuy!

Haha yes that's what I was thinking. I have dm'd him so let's see what he says. I have bought 'Zardoz / Satellites' so i will let you know the quality, and it won't let me download!

Just been listening to the tunes and it does sound like it's from the original dats! Fantastic news, the waveform looks clean and the bpm of both tunes are 84.871 & 84.870

The volume of the tunes however is fairly low so you will have to have the gains up!

Last edited:
Just been listening to the tunes and it does sound like it's from the original dats! Fantastic news, the waveform looks clean and the bpm of both tunes are 84.871 & 84.870

I may need to invest then. I noticed the flip of 001 is now available (forget the name). £1.50 for 2 tracks is a good price as well!

I only picked up zardoz / satellites so let me know what you get and how it sounds

I was about to spend £15 on the first 6 or 7 releases then though better of it. I have them all already so I've left it for now. Be a shame to spend £15 on replacing product 'A' with product 'A' if you know what I mean?!

I was about to spend £15 on the first 6 or 7 releases then though better of it. I have them all already so I've left it for now. Be a shame to spend £15 on replacing product 'A' with product 'A' if you know what I mean?!

Worth it if it's the originals but i'm awaiting buying all for the same reason. I have just bought 'Watermelon/ sick note' but getting error message again so have had to email support again. If it's a rip i'm asking for a refund

So no vinyl rips at least then?

To be fair if more people can play out the medicine remix i'm all for it, can't get tired of the tune. However, I take your point about it being played by every man and his dog - it'll take away my nerdy vinyl superiority complex.
Still carry and play that vinyl to this day!

Optical confirmed that its the original dats and remastered but there may be a couple which have been sourced from unplayed vinyl and then remastered.
Go support i say!

Back
Top Bottom