Virus C capablities question

Verva

Verva Music
VIP Junglist
I use massive and es2. Ive become fairly comfortable and learnt a lot about these synths. If i were to pick up a virus, would it have the same, if not more, capabilities that those synths have? For example, the modulation osc in massive, does the virus have similar phase oscillating? Or modulating waveforms in es2.

Cheers

I actually picked up a Virus B from ebay a month ago.

The Virus B/C do have wavetables. Everything can be modulated. EVERYTHING.

To add, every parameter has a CC counterpart so you can write automation either by latching and turning knobs or by drawing in automation.

There's also some nice extras under the hood: Pan/Unison spreading, built in FX (delay, chorus, saturation), "blank" knobs that you can assign anything to, etc.

It's worth mentioning that while 85% of the parameters can be accessed via knobs, you will have to do some "menu digging" at times. That said, you'll pick up on it real quick. After a good hour of bonding, I felt right at home with my Virus B. To add, Access offers support on all of their products, whether or not they've been discontinued. Once you buy your C, make sure to register the serial number so you can take advantage of the customer service and firmware updates.

Honestly, anytime I've had any questions, Access has been lightning quick to respond. It's that type of customer service that has made me add a Virus Polar to my wishlist in the future...though I'll probably wait for the next series in hopes they'll implement USB 2.0, but I digress. Access is a great company that's sticks by its products, no matter how old.

Cheers.

I actually picked up a Virus B from ebay a month ago.

The Virus B/C do have wavetables. Everything can be modulated. EVERYTHING.

To add, every parameter has a CC counterpart so you can write automation either by latching and turning knobs or by drawing in automation.

There's also some nice extras under the hood: Pan/Unison spreading, built in FX (delay, chorus, saturation), "blank" knobs that you can assign anything to, etc.

It's worth mentioning that while 85% of the parameters can be accessed via knobs, you will have to do some "menu digging" at times. That said, you'll pick up on it real quick. After a good hour of bonding, I felt right at home with my Virus B. To add, Access offers support on all of their products, whether or not they've been discontinued. Once you buy your C, make sure to register the serial number so you can take advantage of the customer service and firmware updates.

Honestly, anytime I've had any questions, Access has been lightning quick to respond. It's that type of customer service that has made me add a Virus Polar to my wishlist in the future...though I'll probably wait for the next series in hopes they'll implement USB 2.0, but I digress. Access is a great company that's sticks by its products, no matter how old.

Cheers.

Much respect man thats great to hear about wavetables. I wish i could get it before the money comes in :(

- - - Updated - - -

theres a virus indigo 2 on ebay for 520, anyone thinking about buying one nows the chance. He dropped it from 560.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACCESS-VIRUS-INDIGO-2-/281134008150?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Pro_Audio_Synthesisers_CV&hash=item4174e48756

Back
Top Bottom