Virtual DJ controllers - Anybody use 'em? Feedback needed

bashment

I use Traktor scratch and it's quality (normal Traktor is bassicaly the same software). Don't know about the contrallers though.

it sounds like a good idea mate, check some reviews and stuff on websites.

Dj mag have started video reviews on youtube called
DJmag Tv (nah ya don't say:teeth: ) They do loads
of reviews of this kinda thing.
Hope that helps.

i got a hercules mp3 control for virtual dj

its gd fun bt theres no challenge to it, too easy to mix tunes.

but in terms of the actual controller its a mk1 that i got for bout 40 quid and bassically can control all the things you'd click on the virtual dj screen.

if you were lookin at the higher price ones, (i've seen em go up to 400 quid) I'd just buy turntables or cdjs instead, you'll enjoy them more and get a lot more use outta them

hope that helps
ez, Alexi

my mate has the vestax controller, the only way i can describe it is 'mixin in star trek' (was pretty stoned when i used it haha), but yeh its a good crack, more of a mixing 'toy' tho, u can still do some pretty cool stuff with it, he's got traktor too, good times.

I wouldnt buy one from a UK site tho, either get one off ebay from the states, or look at a US/Canadian site, they're about 175 quid then, instead of the 400 they charge over here, what a joke.

The VCI is quite good, works a lot better than clicking on Traktor, about the same as using cd decks but the drivers need some work. I've got the VCI, Traktor a Macbook, Axis 8 cd decks and Vestax PDX-2000s - and the Axis and Vestax work best in a club environment or just mixing at home even though I've got nothing against digital. Maybe I haven't played on the VCI enough.

yeh, i found the vci's pitch controller REALLY sensitive, could jus b me tho. matching it on traktor isnt any fun, you can do some crazy stuff with it tho, my mate was going mental, i really dunno how how he was doin it tho :\

Cheers guys much appreciated.

@ Alexi I'm not bothered about it not being a challenge etc, I just want to be able to carry around 10000+ of my tunes in a laptop when I travel really, so this is an ideal solution I guess. Plus I guess you have more time to innovate and do other stuff if the mixing is taken care of..

@ robhicks Cheers will check those out.

Thanks again everyone

Back
Top Bottom