Viper - NEW TRACK!!!!!

Viperdnb

On his way.
NO, YOU'RE FUCKED!

www.myspace.com/viperdnb

New track, made all samples appart from drums.
For the bass used some cut off, resonance and lofimat on a wav i made
But I need them sounding better...
Constructive crits welcome :).

Last edited:
like the beat mate not to sure on the bass line tho!
altho it does change around quite nicely!
bigup!!!:rslayer:

generally melody and sounds are good mate, think the drums need some work though. Didn't sound very crisp imo, maybe play around with the EQ on them a bit??

Just my opinion mate and the myspace players don't tend to do music justice.

Big Ups!!!

Cheers guys!
@Mattix Yeah I need to add more breaks and practice EQing... MOAR!!!!!!

This was just to show off some bass samples really(,After Judgement day incident), didn't focus on the drums too much.

ok. intro beats sound very keyboard i'm afraid. if you listen to most dnb tunes they dont sound like this. some strange samples in this.
The snare sounds more like a clap mate.
Might sound better with some breaks lightly equed into the beat. Need to layer a lot more into this as there are a lot of empty frequencies, sounds like half a tune.
sorry to be a harsh critique. just wanna help you out.
peace

ok. intro beats sound very keyboard i'm afraid. if you listen to most dnb tunes they dont sound like this. some strange samples in this.
The snare sounds more like a clap mate.
Might sound better with some breaks lightly equed into the beat. Need to layer a lot more into this as there are a lot of empty frequencies, sounds like half a tune.
sorry to be a harsh critique. just wanna help you out.
peace

Nah don't be sorry man, it's what I'd like to see more of on this forum!:)
I guess I just got exited with the result of my bass samples and may have rushed the tune.

How many breaks do you normally layer onto a standard beat?
Big ups as always for the feedback Frat :D

keep layering till the track sounds really full.
best bet is to first make a catchy bassline. Then layer subtle basses to it. basses on different freqs. when your bassline is full sounding and rich with bass response, pleasing to listen to on it's own, leave it and bounce it to a wav.
With beats you need to make the basic bones yourself. (read zeal's tutorial in production, follow to the last word and you'll be making amazing drum loops)
When your beats sound as full as a whole track, then you are ready.
start a new tune with your bounced bassline and your beats (bounced too).
eq them together, so they sound good together. mix down your track with just these two elements. Your beats and bass will provide the catch and all of the low end for your track. when you have just two samples that sound phat running together. Then you can add xtra subtle breaks and fx, make sure you cut out any low freqs. If your bass sounds a little off, try lowering the low end on your break.

When making a bassline... I use usually about three different basses. i arrange them together as one pattern, each in it's own mixer channel with fx. When it sounds good. i solo each bass sound and export each element as its own wav. On my track i have three different wavs to make one bassline. I assign easch element to its own mixer track so i can fine adjust the bassline in the final mix.

what you should end up with is two parts of your tune (drums and bass...funnily enuff)
It should almost sound like a finished tune, quality wise. Then add an intro, samples and fills.
mixdown as you go. Dont add anything till you have mixed down what you have already.

and keep listening to tunes, analyse the basslines, try pick out the elements (sub, distorted subs, mid basses.) hazzards tunes are good for this.

hope this helps my friend.
peace

Safe Frat bruv!:not_worth
I normally just make my tunes as i go tbh, but I'm going to start using your method as it sounds allot more organized!
Thanks again for the amazing response, now to the sequencer!:D

Back
Top Bottom