VIP

fserna

VIP Junglist
So I know there are VIP'S, but what is a VIP? Can someone explain? Is it just more different from it's original tune?

Well I did some reading on it and found that it is handed to a dj that wasn't meant to be released. Is this correct? And if so. Is it like say for example. I produce something. Then I hand it to someone once I'm done making it VIP? Or do they make it a vip? Whoever I hand it to? I'm just curious about this VIP.

thanks for those who reply.

Last edited:
the way i understood it was, a VIP is a version of the song that wasn't really supposed to be released in the first place but ended up beeing released!

we had this a month back or so.
i don't know if smarty was telling the whole truth :P
but basically it's 'varries in production'
and would make a lot of sense if it was that.

everybody just makes vips to be released now-a-days. at least that's my opinion...

everybody just makes vips to be released now-a-days. at least that's my opinion...

Yeah I'm sure that when I first got into D&B there were hardly any 'VIP's around! Nowadays there's a 'VIP' of every song I swear....

Yeah I'm sure that when I first got into D&B there were hardly any 'VIP's around! Nowadays there's a 'VIP' of every song I swear....

Yeh... easiest way to explain it is... its when a producer wants to improve his track in someway... ie... updating it (2008 version)etc.... he then releases it as a VIP..... but sometimes you might get a VIP by another person.... this is usually when that person goes to the original artists studio and uses their set up etc... and has the full access to every part fo the tune.

I don't think that's quite right...

Back in the day, VIP edits of tunes were just made intended for the dance floor played by "VIP DJ's" with no intention to be sold or released - Just something different to hear in the club... "You haven't got this, I'm very important"

The scene soon realised there was the potential to make money out of releasing these special edits of tunes as they are always desirable!

These days everything's a VIP rather than a remix!

....I may be wrong though!

Back
Top Bottom