VIP EP's

Bunn-T

PLUR
Personally, I believe these should never be released.
All they are is the previous tune rearranged with a couple extra bits thrown in. Its in a way mugging off the punters saying "hey look its a new tune" but what it actually is, is the same tune but its had a shower. Very rarely do I come across a vip which I actually prefer over the original.

Unless its a remix from a completely different artist I steer clear of em.

Is there anybody else that feels the same way or am I just being an anal faced critic??? Please enlighten me.

Thanks!!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit of a sucker for a VIP. Especially when its a good song, once I'm done completely rinsing it, it's nice to hear a fresh slant.

The only one I think its equal to the original though is Noisia - Facade VIP. Slightly hopeful for the full version of Audio - Headroom VIP

There are Tons of good vips floating around and there are tons of bad ones or just ones that don't add much to the original. If the Vip doesn't do it for you then don't buy it, maybe someone else really likes that version of the tune and is happy that it got released.

There are Tons of good vips floating around and there are tons of bad ones or just ones that don't add much to the original. If the Vip doesn't do it for you then don't buy it, maybe someone else really likes that version of the tune and is happy that it got released.

I dont by em. Which is why I posted the thread to see if anybody else felt the same.

All they are is the previous tune rearranged with a couple extra bits thrown in. Its in a way mugging off the punters saying "hey look its a new tune" but what it actually is, is the same tune but its had a shower.

I don't think anyone thinks they are "a new tune".
If they don't like VIP enough, people won't buy it. Simple. There's no sugar coating :P
From what I've seen some VIPs tend to only get released if there is a large enough demand.

Lomax - Artisan VIP
D Kay & Lee - Tuning VIP
Jubei - Patience VIP
Rido - Twisted VIP
Peshay - Piano Tune VIP
Netsky - Tomorrows another day VIP
Total Science - Soul Patrol (DJ Marky & S.P.Y. Super Jungle VIP)
Lenzman - Lose you VIP
Quadrant & Iris - Sparse VIP
Spor - Knock you down VIP
Noisia - Facade VIP
Fresh - X project VIP
Rockwell - Full Circle VIP
Ulterior Motive - Featherweight VIP
Calibre - Start Again VIP

Whenever I see a VIP thread being discussed it always reminds me of the greatest intro of a set in dnb history. DJ SS' Black VIP is the best VIP, shame the released version was garbage

Last edited by a moderator:
Noisia - Block Control VIP though.............that VIP is on a whole other level of awesome compared to the original.

Whenever I see a VIP thread being discussed it always reminds me of the greatest intro of a set in dnb history. DJ SS' Black VIP is the best VIP, shame the released version was garbage

Good but the old Arsonist DJ Intro VIP was better IMO.

VIPs are like any form of remix/alternative version. Some better, some worse and some pretty much the same as the original.

I do like artisan VIP.
Oh and sigma - Paint it black. In fact its the whole EP thing I dont agree with!!! 1 or 2 tunes I will pick up but generally speaking no like

do love me a good VIP.

you've gotta bare in mind that the point of a VIP is for the dancefloor reaction.

you hear the intro to that tune you like, it drops and it's a bit different, "WOOOOOIIIII!" [Gunfingers intensify]

^ this

In fact most jump up VIPs pretty much identical to the originals, save for an extra wub

Annix - War Dub VIP was a bit different (freebie as well)

Back
Top Bottom