Violation of My Box

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Time Dependant, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

I thought the title would get your attention you perverts ha ha!!
    This is a question to all of the dj's out there & also has a little rant from myself.
    When I dj I like to make sure I've got all of my records sorted & know where in my box certain tunes are so you can quickly pick & choose what tunes you will drop next, & every now & then you have the odd train spotter who wants to know what tarcks you have locked away in that shiney box.
    Now if someone asks me what tune I just dropped I'm quite happy to tell them as I think it's a great way to promote awareness of artists to people who may not have heard of them before, but what really annoys me is when people go through your record box & start taking all your tunes out without asking you & then begin to put them in some set order even though they either can't dj or aren't supposed to be playing that night.
    I know it probably sounds petty but my records are my life I've spent thousands of pounds on collecting tracks from all over the world & watching someone pull them out of the box & sleeves like a kid with a new christmas present just really angers me!!

Anyone else feeling the same?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  2. Gumby

Gumby New Member

giant fingers :lol:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  3. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

I tell them to piss off.

4. safety

safety double safety

you should never let anyone violate your box. the only people i let near my records are me and anyone i might be playing back to back with otherwise they're definatley overstepping the mark.

5. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

I'm going to booby trap the box with a boxing glove on a spring, so if someone trys to open it without my authority then 'smack' they get one in the face!

6. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

I reckon id slap the MF

7. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

get out the pimp-slap hand and ***POW***
    I hate it when even my mates go through my boxes, just incase something isn't put back right and one of your records gets warped/bent

8. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

no way....use there own records (n)

9. bloodfire

bloodfire Member

i dont play out so nobody violates my box . but i do get my mates fucking up my stack . i have a few of my close mates around quite a lot and we get pissed and all have a go on the decks and there always pulling my tunes out and leaving them all over the place putting them in the wrong sleeves and shit . its my own fault coz at the time im pissed and im like fuck it there only records. but the next day im thinking fucking hell look at my tunes . then i spend the next hour sorting through the fucking sleeves . :mad: