Vinyl

Mr_Whitty

I have been browsing the forums for a while, and glad to see people still buying wax :D

But in your opinion, is vinyl dying? I personally think it's on the up, and become more 'fashionable' again over digital DJ'ing.

Ant TC1 on Dispatch has openly said vinyl sales have increased on his label in recent times.

Its a niche market, but people are still buying it. I can't see it dying anytime soon.

Its a tough one. I use vinyl and I will do for as long as possible. A few of my mates have converted to Traktor and now they have a selection I can only dream of. I don't own a macbook or laptop and I can't afford Traktor so I'm gunna be sticking with vinyl for some time.

I could just move to CD's but that would make me a wasteman.

They're horrible and toy-like but it seems everyone who's starting to mix now is getting one (obviously not everyone, but you know what I mean) :sadbana:

^Controllers

this all has been talked and argued about in numerous different threads. do we have to start it again? :teeth:

It's definitely dying and has been for a while in my opinion. Just look at the so called LPs and EPs that come out now, LP being 2 pieces of vinyl and EPs that are just 1?! What's that about? Cleary costing labels too much money to bring out the full release. More and more digital only bits (Hazard EP that just came out for example) with massive tunes on that never see wax. As a vinyl purist it's heart breaking, but you just have to accept it and move on. I'll be getting some CDJs at some point just to keep up with releases, but my Technics will always be my pride and joy.

Also Search bar is your friend.

It's definitely dying and has been for a while in my opinion. Just look at the so called LPs and EPs that come out now, LP being 2 pieces of vinyl and EPs that are just 1?! What's that about? Cleary costing labels too much money to bring out the full release. More and more digital only bits (Hazard EP that just came out for example) with massive tunes on that never see wax. As a vinyl purist it's heart breaking, but you just have to accept it and move on. I'll be getting some CDJs at some point just to keep up with releases, but my Technics will always be my pride and joy.

Also Search bar is your friend.

Yes same here NoZ, all about the wedge, 1210's are my pride n joy but just can't afford the CDJ's and 4 channel mixer yet! But would never sell my vinyl or Technics. Ever!

Would love 4 deck setup one day, 2 turntables, 2 CDJ's :D

That's what i've got :antitank:

252283_379785842112378_1716433652_n.jpg

Last edited:
I remember looking in the production section at the "Post your set up" something like that. Got very jel some great setups about

Back
Top Bottom