Vinyl..

erbmanhustlin

I travelled to manchester today to find out that fat cit had closed down (2 yrs ago), and eastern bloc was dead apart from me in there.. and it made me wonder..

who still buys vinyl?

i think its a shame the format is dying, but i can see that its not practical anymore to play out with..

i use cdj's when playing out and serato at home.. but still buy vinyl when its a really good release, i only play cd's in clubs because i was fed up of rare things getting cracked/stood on/ beer spilled/ robbed etc..

serato is a pain for setting up in a club and i dont know many people who can afford a decent set of pioneers..

do you think the format will finally die out? it will be a shame when it does..

Pure vinyl right here. I've had some nightmares tho i'll still use vinyl until I can no longer perform to the best of my ability with it.

vinyl all the way for me been buying since 92,prob for me now is room!!!they take up so much fucking space!!ive always been dead against the mp3 thing but for the thousands of pounds ive spent on tunes i can see why ppl just download from soulseek and use serato or mixvibes!doesnt seem the same though does it,and the quality really is shit compared too that lovely black plastic.

Still mix vinyl, have technics and thats it, feels like you're actually dj'ing compared to when I've used CDJ's which feel a bit automatic (not saying there is a problem with people mixing mp3's though), what does piss me off however Is when labels put out digital release only which is only helping to lower vinyl sales and people don't understand why its in such decline. However I don't run a label so Im sure there is a reason why they don't release everything on plastic...

vinyl all the way, i was thinking about getting serato cause i do enjoy mixing other genres like minimal techno n house but even then i probably buy most of the tunes i want.
with dnb all vinyl, it just feels right.
i got a good group of mate who are all vinyl enthusiasts so we carry around our huge bags and all have bad backs but i think its worth it

All about vinyl. I've got traktor scratch for when I dj house and that sort of stuff. But for dnb its all vinyl. Using vinyl is just much more fun and I like the fact that it makes you stand out from all the laptop DJs, who in my experience are never any good.

Im mainly vinyl, with a hint of digi!

any big releases i buy on vinyl, and the not so big tunes, which i will only play a few times i buy on mp3.
and of course, the odd dub that gets sent wouldnt get played unless i had a cdj, so its good in a way!

but vinyl ftw!!!!!!!!

Vinyl has stayed alive for over a decade running alongside cd's basically because of the difference in sound quality. Long may it continue to do so...

vinyl for me too, i have a cdj but i only really use it for digi only releases, my own tunes, and dubs. thought after buying a cdj i would buy less vinyl, but i got vored of mixing cds, i think i will be on vinyl for as long as its around. hate serato too, specially when people are setting it up in a club

i use vinyl as much as poss, it makes me a little cold inside when i see set ups that consist of 1 turn table and 2 CDJ's, i mean i have nothing against the CDJ or digital mixin, jus i like my records, something to pic up, look at and admire, rather than a file, i will keep using vinyl until it is unavailable for new releases.

Last edited:
Yeah Vinyl is the way. I am being forced to buy a CDJ next week just so I can play some of the digital only releases that have blown me away. But I can't see that it's going to affect my addiction to the wax!

Digital has just given us a ton of idiots who think they are DJ's but most havent learnt the craft of DJing on vinyl first

Back
Top Bottom