Vinyl..

Have a cd deck just for the fact i can pick up digi only releases and it's nice to have that flexibility, but it does just sit there as the piece on the side compared to the vinyl though, you can't replicate it.

It's his fingered in the rave face

Here's my licking vagina face.

37641_452186741069_512791069_6638728_3350739_n.jpg

All the people who say its un-economical to buy vinyl... realy? or is that just compared to rate at which you buy MP3's? Because you want EVERY new tune, just because its new? if i spent on MP3's what i spend on vinyl then i'd have a fucking huge library of tracks, i could play a completely different and fresh set every month or less. It might sound appealing but then you stop appreciating what it is your doing and your eventualy gonna end up with a shit load of tunes your never gonna play, and if u worked it out i can imagine the release that do stand the test of your attention span wouldn't be near off costing the same as buying just them tunes on vinyl. When i buy vinyl now, i buy 2 new tracks i love, and 2 tracks that might be old or whatever that i've always wanted. Thats like 30 quid a month atm but i cherish what i buy and EVERYTHING gets played, i bought 30 mp3's a month most of them would be forgotten about.
And for the thread, i play all and only vinyl, i enjoy carrying my vinyl bag, its become weightless.
I don't plan a set but i still have to choose carefully what i take with me to play out. I have to respect my music because i don't have a back-up i can just burn again, and most importantly of all to me, i know i'm making a contribution (and letting others know) to a scene i want to be a part of.

All the people who say its un-economical to buy vinyl... realy? or is that just compared to rate at which you buy MP3's? Because you want EVERY new tune, just because its new? if i spent on MP3's what i spend on vinyl then i'd have a fucking huge library of tracks, i could play a completely different and fresh set every month or less. It might sound appealing but then you stop appreciating what it is your doing and your eventualy gonna end up with a shit load of tunes your never gonna play, and if u worked it out i can imagine the release that do stand the test of your attention span wouldn't be near off costing the same as buying just them tunes on vinyl. When i buy vinyl now, i buy 2 new tracks i love, and 2 tracks that might be old or whatever that i've always wanted. Thats like 30 quid a month atm but i cherish what i buy and EVERYTHING gets played, i bought 30 mp3's a month most of them would be forgotten about.
And for the thread, i play all and only vinyl, i enjoy carrying my vinyl bag, its become weightless.
I don't plan a set but i still have to choose carefully what i take with me to play out. I have to respect my music because i don't have a back-up i can just burn again, and most importantly of all to me, i know i'm making a contribution (and letting others know) to a scene i want to be a part of.

fucking smashed it

end of thread really

This all fucking day. Killed it T & C.
Game over.

All the people who say its un-economical to buy vinyl... realy?

Yes it is mate, back in the day id buy like 20 vinyl a month with no worries. now i have a kid, mortgage, car, bills etc and so i dont really have any expendable income for myself. so if i have a choice of spending a tenna on tunes id rather get 6/7 mp3s than 1 vinyl

Now that's what I call a valid opinion.

Respect!

All hail king of General Section!

Epic post, absolutely nailed it

I don't dj for a living, although I do play out and about, so I guess you could say I dj as a hobby. I would never want to play cd's as a hobby, whether it be out or at home. To me the whole fun part of djing is the vinyl and whatnot so cd's just defeat the whole purpose

Personally I'd have used better punctuation but well said mate!

i dont DJ so I buy mp3's, but if something special comes out on vinyl ill buy it. Last vinyl I bought was Rockwell - Reverse Engineering, especially as darkestral dont do digital releases, i had to have it! something exciting about getting a big black circle of music through the post.

i'm actually going to get a few bits i think, there is definitely a more physical thing about vinyl. plus there is some exclusive stuff (like darkestral) that never see's an mp3

Back
Top Bottom