Vinyl vs. digital

Bollocks. "More control?" - what does that mean?

You can pull a sick mix with a cd just as easily, if not easier - instant stop & start + time stretching + normal track nudging. But you do need an expensive cd player with a platter to do it.

its not sick if you do it on CD :teeth:

A pair of decks are better because of scratching and changing position, even if the quality is slightly worse. You can get good vynil simulators witch have these qualities, like the Technics SLDZ1200, but they are really too expensive.

The SLDZ1200s also have their flaws... The first models also HORRIBLY mangled the sound if you put on pitch lock and then scratched... They sounded fucking ugly, all nasty and digitally and urgh. They've fixed this particular problem in subsequent models, but the fact they even released the deck with this problem reeks of rush-to-market :X

Don't like the stupid thin plastic platter either, WAY too sensitive. For a deck costing me the best part of a grand EACH, I'd expect a better user experience to be honest.

i just love vinyl i can mix so much better with it especially double dropping is so much easier nd u can do much better mixes with vinyl im only 15 so ppl automatically fink il use cdj but i dnt iv used one a few times n vinyl is so much better

No problem with people doing the digital thing unless it is simply because tracks are more readily available and cheaper to get. A big part of the fun in being a dj is digging through crates at the record shop or flea market or that feeling that you get when you finally track down that piece of vinyl you have been searching for for years. With digital downloads that is all lost.

i gots to stay true to the form. vinyl is the original, it doesn't mean that it is or isn't the best for any afforementioned reason, but it is a craft***!!** plain and simple. i wanted to mix because it was a skill i wanted to master, and now it's a skill i want to use and promote and share etc etc... but why can't i now schlurrpp one of those sexy technics cdj's into my set up and have the best of both worlds. there doesn't need to be an argument about it. dnb has always been a progressive scene, so why be down on the natural progression of technology.

basically i'm saying it's like knowing your roots of the scene jungle spawned dnb, vinyl spawned cd/mp3... just remember that because it's new fangled it doesn't mean it's gonna rip the soul out of what you love.

ultimately something will come along and replace cds, but that don't mean they'll die either because there'll always be purists for any form of experession no matter how old or obsolete.

anyway, my mrs still listens to tapes*

how bout this to solve your problems......

i give you $100,000 right now, and tell you to buy a car, and you have two days to purchace it, you cannot keep the money left over if you buy a cheaper car, and you must keep the car for two years, but you can buy any car you want to live with for two years. fair enough?

so who is buying the economy car in this situation? costs $12,000 and you give up $88,000. or you buy the AC Schnitzer M5 for just under $100,000, that is just the same as the economy car (four doors, gets you around the same, seats five, ect ect).

now back to CD sound vs sex.........

you can go buy CD's in the store and listen to them in your home or car stereo all your life and never know what 40hz 'feels' like. you could also have a girlfriend that you fuck everyday that can't get you off because of mental scars that will never leave. now.......CD's (w/ WAV files) don't sound too terribly different from that of vinyl, but the 'feelings' associated with touch, hearing, dancing, or to sum it all up, 'enjoying' what is on the plate being played through a sound system that cost more than your free AC Schnitzer BMW M5, is worth the extra effort to try and ban CD players even to be installed into clubs (IMHO), but that would never happen, because people like the easy, convenient way of doing things in this day and age. the average club goer might go for reasons they don't understand or cannot explain, but in all honesty, they go to clubs for sex. whether it be for the sound system or the opposite sex, or to get drunk, or whatever it is, it is a direct comparison to sex and/or the 'feelings' that com along with that. and if you could have a model to fuck everyday (vinyl) why the fuck would you get the borderline fat, 'almost' hot chick (CD's) in your bed, when the effort put out to get the final goal (sex w/ speakers) is the same?

i think vinyl sucks, it gets scratched, it wears out, sound fades, it cost more, and it is heavy, takes up more room, is a pain in the ass, but the day i put a CD in a CD player on a 100,000 dollar sound system will be the day i don't care about sex.

FANCY A FUCK?:nutkick:

Back
Top Bottom