Vinyl V.S. CDs

vinyl or cds

• Vinyl all the way!!

Votes: 41 91.1%
  • NO!!! CDs!!!

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Neither!! Mp3s on thru the computer n shit!

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Answer poll or answer my question to whether vinyl is worth the extra money.

Lol i played at this night and the guy after me had no headphones, just a laptop, i was like wtf to my mate "that guys got no headphones!!!!!!!!!!"

all about the vinyl
but i have a cd deck purely for the tunes cannot or do not yet have on vinyl
vinyl mixing takes skill
allow cdz an mp3z
:ban: mp3 djs!

Vinyl all the way... but... im just about to get myself Serato.... get sent so many dubs but can never play them unless i go and get them cut to dub.. 2 tunes = £30.... so i thought the next best option is for me to get serato...

Thats the way foreward Rock's.
I use Traktor scratch with nice 320 mp3's.
And for those that say it dosen't take skill. It's the same as vinyl!

Thats the way foreward Rock's.
I use Traktor scratch with nice 320 mp3's.
And for those that say it dosen't take skill. It's the same as vinyl!

Too fucking right! In my opinion CDJs are a lot harder to keep in beat then Technics. Ive got 1210 mk3 and 2 CDJ800s and i tell you now, going from one to the other, i find vinyl SOO much easier to mix on!

People who cuss CDJs are just sheep, imo everyone will need to know how to mix on CDjs, end of! Its the future no matter which way you look at it, especially with all the toxins produced when cutting a vinyl!

For sure man.
I ideally would like to own a bit of everything. Cd decks, turntables, dvs the works:)
Cant afford cdj's or a four channel mixer at the mo though:(

People who cuss CDJs are just sheep, imo everyone will need to know how to mix on CDjs, end of! Its the future no matter which way you look at it, especially with all the toxins produced when cutting a vinyl!

I have to disagree with you here. I don't think you'll be seeing cdjs for much longer. With Traktor, Serato, Torq, Abelton and such why bother with the extra step of putting your downloads onto cd. And you can get a laptop and mix program for the same price as a pair of cdjs.

I have to disagree with you here. I don't think you'll be seeing cdjs for much longer. With Traktor, Serato, Torq, Abelton and such why bother with the extra step of putting your downloads onto cd. And you can get a laptop and mix program for the same price as a pair of cdjs.

I can see where your coming from but i don't they'd be replaced in any way shape or form, i think clubs would just have the facilitly to use a laptop as an extra. In all fairness ive been raving for 3 years now, every other weekend, and i have only seen a DJ use a laptop twice, and the first time was Roni Size @ Easter Spec and it friggin crashed! (lol funny as, its on the dvd incase you didnt know.)

I think to sum up, imo i think we should just except the fact that new technology is guna be used over vinyl in some cases, and stop this Vinyl vs CDs bullshit. I fully love vinyl more then ANYTHING else , but im just going with the flow and can mix on all types of shit now, be it CDs, Serato, shitty Numark dual cd decks (so gay) etc :)

I wonder who did the mp3 one. I could of put the option of hybrid but...Vinyl wins

Back
Top Bottom