Vinyl to CD

IbbyDnB

im thinking of buying some CD decks to replace my vinyl one, simply too epcive are vinyls and space consduming. whats its like mixing on cd decks? ive used them before but only breifly dont recall it beening too much different, what do you guys adive to get, im thinking http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR277420 few mates give them good reviews especily for the price there £160 each dno why its in dollers, waht you guys reconment, on a tight budget atm

cds are geigh m8, they are for trance djs like digweed.

Why dont you just get serato or traktor something with vinyl control, plus it will be way cheaper than getting cd-gays.

cdjs are fine to mix on mate. haters gonna hate.

vinyl is more satisfying. an has a nice, warm sound. while cdjs just sound digital. im sure you know what i mean.

thats the facts. its up to you to try em out an see if you feel comfortable making the switch.

i mix on cdjs cos i simply cannot afford a vinyl addiction. and i still have alot of fun mixing. i really cannot see why all these vinyl purists have such a thing about it. just a different format. so just try em out see what you think.

id reconmend pioneer cdjs, because from experience i think they are the most reliable. cdj 400's are good.

CDJs are good mate. I have a cdj800 and I love it.

People will always slate them.. Just because they like to follow everyone else's opinions.

but yehh... I like them.

cdj's are the kings of homosexuality. do your parents know you're gay?

get TRAKTOR SCRATCH either duo or pro. if you have 2 decks, just get duo. I have duo and love it.

ive been vinyl my whole life, and will remain this way. its just nice being able to have digital crates.

i see the attraction in DVS systems, id just rather use CD or vinyl. i'll be able to afford Pioneers if i dont upgrade my computer for my production needs, i suppose i am quite happy on reason, ive been thinking long and hard about this and i think im going CD, i love vinyl, but its just too expencive and space consumeing...

i can appreciate the old argument of warm versus bright (or harsh) sound when it comes to vinyl vs cdj... but DVS system vs CDj's, just personal preference!

I would go for vinyl emulation mate (traktor/serato/etc) if you can afford it.

If not CDJ's aren't bad, but i personally would hate to just mix on them after mixing on vinyl. I only have my one as a third deck to go along with my 2 technics!

persoanlly i really like em... hated on em for years (haters guna hate), but got a pair and never looked back!

it's the little touches like the reverse button, being able to cue your track at the press of a button, no more skipping needles (occasionaly jump CD's tho!) etc that make em sweet for me ;)

vinyl still gives me a warm feeling inside, but for me thats only important for bedroom business!

The things just piss me off a hell of a lot sometimes.. crashing CD's etc.. and i can cue up a track a hell of a lot quicker on a vinyl turntable, the amount of times i've missed the drop i needed due to the cd being slow!!

yeah i have also hated on cdjs in the past, although now I love them, but to be fair I could never fully switch as digging for vinyl and owning tunes on wax can't be beaten, especially when comparing to buying mp3s, which really aren't a material possession in the slightest.
would definitely recommend pioneer 1000s, which is what I am looking into saving up for, can get a second hand good condition one for about £400 upwards, have used denons as well before, which were good, can't remember the model though, if you have already have vinyl decks I would just continue using those and save up until I had enough for some really decent cdjs, or get serrato, its well worth the money, wouldn't recommend torq or any of the cheaper dvs options as they just don't cut it

persoanlly i really like em... hated on em for years (haters guna hate), but got a pair and never looked back!

it's the little touches like the reverse button, being able to cue your track at the press of a button, no more skipping needles (occasionaly jump CD's tho!) etc that make em sweet for me ;)

vinyl still gives me a warm feeling inside, but for me thats only important for bedroom business!

Yeah mate this exactly 100% how i feel! I can do what seems to be 3 decks on 2 CDJs due to the fact you can edit tunes with say an 8bar drop as the intro as bosh out some serious bizness! Then burn a set onto 2 cds, bung em in and not faff around with needles skipping, missing a cue point cos of a shit deck in a club etc etc... The list goes on and on..

But i've just bought Traktor Scratch Pro and bumming the fact I can mix all my tunes on vinyl but the truth is I cant mix as quick by any means atm.. Probs gotta learn all the shortcuts but feeling a step behind atm going back to vinyl, just not as versatile by any means (n)

Oh and fuck anyone who's like CDJs hold the pitch better etc.. I got straight back on my decks after at least a year and boshed out just as tight as Iwould be on CDs - Its like riding a bike imo - Fuck CDJ haters, just bitching cos I can mix faster then you :P

Back
Top Bottom