Vinyl stuck on a deck

OJM

I got Sigma's El Presidente VIP/Something Special today and after mixing for about half an hour, dropped it. The vinyl didn't slip onto the deck very easily and as soon as I tried to mix with it I noticed that it was a really really heavy record. So I mixed it in, then out, but when I tried to take it off to play another tune then it wouldn't budge.

I can get my fingers underneath it at both sides but I'm worried about pulling it too hard because I don't want to snap my new vinyl. Any advice?

maybe try an get a blunt knife or sumfin under the slip mat (but make sure its under the slip mat!) an slowly budge it up.
ive kinda ad this problem before but it came off in the end looked like it was gonna snap wen i was doin it tho!lol

Last edited:
twist slowly and ur fingers will slide under the vinyl after a while.

handy hint...

use a biro in the pinhole of the vinyl, keep ur hand flat on the other side around the hole with the nib of the pen between ur fingers, and wiggle the pen, will make the hole big enuf to slide on and off the pin but not be too loose when playin it (y)

i had the same problem with this vinyl, just twist it back and forth pulling it upwards with small amount of pressure, i got this problem with a few others as well mostly breakbeat kaos records

Keep twisting it gently. In the future if a records hole is too small try using a round file to gently make the hole a fraction of a millimeter bigger.

Back
Top Bottom