Vinyl sleeves

caboose

Bedroom DJ
I just got my copy of Stigma and Vision have very kindly put the track info on so the open end is on top. Now I can instantly find it in my case, handy.

Is there somewhere we can petition for all labels to do this? Would save a lot of time searching for a tune.

Suppose I could just work out some sort of filling system, but thats long.

Basically hes saying labels should always put artist/title/remix info in a thin strip at the top of their record sleeves so you can find bits quicker when thumbing through your box.

i noticed that as well, but my current collection is of only 5 vinyls, im still waiting for some shipments, so atm i dont really make a difference to me hehe

but i perfectly understand your point

Glad to hear you guys agree. Though after talking to my mates they all agree I should stop being a lazy bastard and organise my collection.

At least I can put em in key order thanks to the key finder on chemical.

Glad to hear you guys agree. Though after talking to my mates they all agree I should stop being a lazy bastard and organise my collection.

At least I can put em in key order thanks to the key finder on chemical.

riisu did a thread on this and i tried it with some of my collection and it really does help a lot, esp if you add the bpms on as well... picking up a tune knowing its the same bpm as the one playing is great 'cos you can just throw it in with minimal beatmatching

To be honest, I find that knowing the bpm doesn't even help. It only takes a few seconds to roughly beatmatch 2 tracks using your ears anyway.. You're never going to get the tracks locked in perfectly by looking at bpm.

Even looking at the Serato screen is useless, you have to use your ears to get it locked in properly.

thats why i ended up not using torq (biggest waste of $ ever for me). its such a bitch to setup, you gotta look at a forkin' screen all the time, and beatmatching seems easier w/ my ears anyway.

Back
Top Bottom