vinyl questions

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Is it alright to store vinyl flat?

IS it ok to store vinyl in a place that is tops 85 degrees f?

Will spin backs ruin records?

When will I need to replace my cartridge and which should I get (not for scratching)

Sorry for me not searching the forums to much but I want to ask it more on a personal level and all

Is it alright to store vinyl flat?
No, they will warp more readily. Store them upright in a crate or cardboard box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE3a6usDGNA

IS it ok to store vinyl in a place that is tops 85 degrees f?
The most important thing is to keep them out of the sun. I don't know exactly about temperatures.

Will spin backs ruin records?
Not as long as you have your tone arm set up correctly. Here is how to set it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJFR8RdxZGM

Yeah never place them flat or in direct sunlight. Temperature doesn't really matter, although I like in Britian :) Keep em away from rads though and keep 'em off the floor (pick up dust easier) and wipe them before you play 'em.

As for when to change stylus it depends on the sylus, who much you mix and how much money you have. I probably change mine every 3-4 months. Don't touch 'em directly and have a look at them every weel or two to see how they are wearing.

Use a can of air on your mixer and decks often and every couple of week I like to give my matts a quick hoover (is that taking it a bit too far?!). All this stops dust and fluff collecting on records and under stylus and means both last a lot longer.

Yeah never place them flat or in direct sunlight. Temperature doesn't really matter, although I like in Britian :) Keep em away from rads though and keep 'em off the floor (pick up dust easier) and wipe them before you play 'em.

As for when to change stylus it depends on the sylus, who much you mix and how much money you have. I probably change mine every 3-4 months. Don't touch 'em directly and have a look at them every weel or two to see how they are wearing.

Use a can of air on your mixer and decks often and every couple of week I like to give my matts a quick hoover (is that taking it a bit too far?!). All this stops dust and fluff collecting on records and under stylus and means both last a lot longer.

I recommend a lint roller works wonders compaired to a hoover

Back
Top Bottom