Vinyl prices

DjCartel

VIP Junglist
This isn't a moan or a complain, just wanted to know if anyone knows why tunes are going up in price? Singles are going up to £7.99 each, which is quite steep when you compare it to £5.99 which some lables still do. Are they pressing in smaller volume or something so have higher costs? If its a big tune ill still splash out £7.99 on it though. I understand some lables use nice card and sleeves, with stickers and what not, which I really dig, but sometimes you get a white for 7 or 8 quid. As i said before, not complaining, just wondering!

£8 for a vinyl....fack off....

Though I did pay £3 for an mp3 the other day, had to scrub myself clean afterwards :teeth:

Thats why i got serato.

All the disposable "meh" tunes i get on digi but all the bangers still get bagged on vinyl.

Severely curbed my vinyl addiction.

I think that just depends where you buy them. For example, as far as I know, it is the cheapest if you buy vinyls on the label's website. (Fiver on Hospital, 5.49 Ram, ...) Then if you buy online at stores like chemical or redeye it's a little more expensive and if you buy it in a proper store it will be even more expensive since there are more costs to be covered.

And a thing that I noticed... Single sided white labels are always a little more expensive? Not sure why this is, maybe because it isn't pressed by a big label but rather some random bootleg person :D

(And to be honest I prefer ordering online, vinyl that was in stores has often already been used to preview the tracks and covers have folds in them etc.)

Thats why i got serato.

All the disposable "meh" tunes i get on digi but all the bangers still get bagged on vinyl.

Severely curbed my vinyl addiction.

Yeah I do this too, just that I don't have serato lol. I just think twice before buying a tune, there were times where I just went into the local recordshop and bought 2 "random" vinyls without really thinking about them and now I'm like... Dude I would have never bought this tune :D

(And to be honest I prefer ordering online, vinyl that was in stores has often already been used to preview the tracks and covers have folds in them etc.)

Bare in mind majority of online vendors also have bricks and mortar stores, and the tunes are taken from the racks and posted to you just like if you bought it in store =P.

Yes that's true I got some really dodgy looking sleeves from chemical a few times... But I'm pretty sure they don't play the records in their warehouses ;) Let's say you go to BM soho, you get to play all the vinyl you want and then have them put back. Some people don't take good care, touch the grooves and stuff - and they aren't cleaned after you use them.

^ this! Find the start of the track, spin in the tune and it skips all the time...

I just think twice before buying a tune, there were times where I just went into the local recordshop and bought 2 "random" vinyls without really thinking about them and now I'm like... Dude I would have never bought this tune :D

I do this all the time, goes straight in the racks at home, then a month later or so i grab it out realise ive bought a big tune. If I go into a record shop, I cant leave without buying a tune or two. Its rinsing my money hard, but i love it.

I also have found vinyl skipping a lot more recently. Also, some lables are using really thin bits of wax. bbk were getting extra floppy last year, havent bought anything from then in a while so wouldnt know now. but things like last night by brookes brothers and the sigma ep were real thin

id rather them really thin than the stupedly thick ones that feel like your mixing on fucking bricks!!

id rather them really thin than the stupedly thick ones that feel like your mixing on fucking bricks!!

i found that the thin ones would jump when you sped them up with your finger, helped me out of that habbit and learnt to use the pitch instead

Rising prices due to a decline in demand I think.

There was a vinyl boom a few years back but not anymore.

Also the 2nd vinyl market has gone the other way. They aren't worth what they were a few years ago. Alien girl used to fetch £40-£50 now it's £20 ish.

Prices have been rising recently as said. Just try not to buy single vinyl if you are buying online, order 2 or more. I used to be quite bad at just buying the odd tune, but now I can wait from week to week to build up a basket of about 3 12's or ep's before making an order.

iv found tunes thes days are so shit to que up on vinyl. skip the first beat everytime.
at first i thought it was my carts but definately isnt.

Never found this. Sure its not your styli? Or your tone arm not set up properly?

I'm going back maybe 10 years or so, used to pay on average £10-12 for a white, 8ish for a big tune in demand and around a fiver for a well known tune, on the odd occasion i have paid £15+ on tunes purely based on magazine reviews without actually listening to it beforehand (no internet & we ate coal) back then

Back
Top Bottom