Vinyl Pressings

Mr_Whitty

Just a random thought...

Is there a way you can buy the digital only release, go to get a plate cut, then politely message the label to reimburse you for half of the cut? Is it legal?

Or am I just too stuck in the past? So many tunes I want on vinyl that are digital only! lol

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Didn't see his response...

In that case, this is the cheekiest, most idiotic post I have ever seen

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know how you get on mate, if you succeed, I'm going to ask labels to send me promos for free because I have bought some of their back catalogue

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Just a random thought...

Is there a way you can buy the digital only release, go to get a plate cut, then politely message the label to reimburse you for half of the cut? Is it legal?

Or am I just too stuck in the past? So many tunes I want on vinyl that are digital only! lol
All a legit question until the bit in bold where you clearly just went Kayne.

I know its cheeky, but paying 24 or so pounds for a cut is a lot of money! Maybe it's me annoyed that they won't do a small run!
Why dont you think they do a small run themselves? O wait you just answered that yourself! If they did an LP including postage would be over 30 a plate, how many people will pay that compared to 4 for the MP3s?

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I know its cheeky, but paying 24 or so pounds for a cut is a lot of money! Maybe it's me annoyed that they won't do a small run!
That's fuck all money for a plate. It used to be nearly £60 to cut a dub back in t'day.
Good luck with the reimbursement.

This is a classique thread.

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
I dare you to press True Romance VIP and ask Goldie for reimbursement!

I'd ask you to post the results but I suspect we'd see pictures in the papers anyway

Mr_Whitty

I dare you to press True Romance VIP and ask Goldie for reimbursement!

I'd ask you to post the results but I suspect we'd see pictures in the papers anyway
Why would I press a tune that already came out on a 10"? Which I already have?

Anyway I get the negative vibes in here. Will not pursue with anything. Just have to except tunes are digi only and buy digital hardware/software!

jungle_fever

VIP Junglist
Why would I press a tune that already came out on a 10"? Which I already have?

Anyway I get the negative vibes in here. Will not pursue with anything. Just have to except tunes are digi only and buy digital hardware/software!
or just get a single copy cut for personal use (with the labels permission) and dont ask the label to reimburse?