Vinyl Organisation

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
Currently I have jump up/dancefloor at the front, promo's separating them in the middle and liquid/rollers at the back but i'm wondering if this is the best way to have them.

Just looking for some ideas in how to pack my record box in a way that optimises my performance in record selection. How do you guys do it?

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
teases
new (i.e recently bought, stuff i'm feeling)
old (i.e stuff that never leaves the box)
eps/lps

seperated by cardboard divders.
normally take all the eps out, and the teasers. leave them resting against either side of my bag. maybe take a few tunes out that i definatly know i want to play and leave them resting on the front.
then it's lucky dip into the bag for the rest!

SLow

Quadrospazzed life-glug
VIP Junglist
No filing system, just keep my most played tunes in their own crate ready for taking out or whatever.

Like gcurtis mine aren't in the right sleeves or anything, I just dont have time when I gotta get the next vinyl cued and ready within 4 bars!

Prospekt

VIP Junglist
I keep all my tunes in white sleeves,

Newly brought promos/tunes and stuff I'm really feeling at the front
Liquid/Rollers
Jump Up/RAM/Dancefloor
Harder dirtier stuff
Teasers at the back

Cardboard dividers is a good call Riisu, might have to do that one day. (y)

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Alphabetical order by artist, when i first did this i knew exactly what tune i wanted and could find so easily, made my mixes improve loads.

got do this with my cds some time ... hmm

Greg P

VIP Junglist
Most of my stuff is in white sleeves... some isn't, the rest are in their wrong sleeves...

I basically have a pile of records that I'm feeling at the moment that's a mix of new stuff, favorites and classics, then everyhting else is just in random order in crates... DnB and non DnB records are separated though... I probably have as many non DnB records as I do DnB, if not more...