vinyl or mp3??

mcdjsteff

just wondering how many of you use proper vinyl or mp3?i think mp3 mixing is wank to be honest,seems anyone can become a dj nowadays and download tunes.ive been djing since 92 oldskool hardcore then went for the jungle and on.i cant see turning up to a gig with a laptop can be much of a gig to be honest either!but thats my view each to there own.:slick:

just wondering how many of you use proper vinyl or mp3?i think mp3 mixing is wank to be honest,seems anyone can become a dj nowadays and download tunes.ive been djing since 92 oldskool hardcore then went for the jungle and on.i cant see turning up to a gig with a laptop can be much of a gig to be honest either!but thats my view each to there own.:slick:

i agree

I personally think this is untrue because at the moment I can't afford vinyl because i'm saving up for techs. I mean I use a program called DJDecks (a cheap serato) and also use real vinyl. Come on, not every 13 year old can afford a million vinyl. I still buy real vinyl, but just not for things you can get on Mp3 like I recently bought Manix - Try To Love Me, Dillinja - Diggin in ya Crates and Disco Dodo on vinyl but I also buy 320kbs Mp3s off DOA and other places. Thats my view.

definately vinyl is best! i did buy juno six and colourwheel by logistics on mp3 because apparently they arent gettin released on vinyl which is a shame as they are both amazing tunes!

i agree maybe if its your own tunes or summit and u take them along.spose if u cant afford vinyl then its the only way to enjoy the tunes.

i think its ok to play the odd mp3 as i do have a cd deck. but i think the majority of tunes shud b on vinyl

i agree with u mate
i dont like cdjs but i can understand using the odd mp3 on a cd deck
wot if u wanna drop the tune u finished earlier in the day? lol

btw i'm sure climate control is by clipz and die not taxman, unless is a different tune?

mate u got it bang on i love vinyls i cant stand them cdj's i hate the way sum dj's like hazard can switch to them,vinyls are the heart n soul of DJ'in man i can appreciate the producers side of it they dnt hav to go get there fresh tunes pressed but still the vinyls are the one still

vinyl all the way....don t even have a CDJ!
fuck them and there digital ways IMO... although vinyl is dying hard at the moment

Im vinyl til I die, unless it dies before me... CDJ's just never had the same feel as Turntables, I like to have full control of what im playing. Plus it looks a lot cooler when you pick a vinyl, spin it in ure fingers and place it on the platter...

you all seem too stuck in your ways.
why not just embrace the future, rather than trying to repell it.
progress is progress, and i for one am thankful for that.

you all seem too stuck in your ways.
why not just embrace the future, rather than trying to repell it.
progress is progress, and i for one am thankful for that.

can see what u sayin mate but all the rudeboy DJ's of today not just drum nbass all music started off on belt driven vinyl decks so, CDJ'S might well be easier to mix and to get tunes for but this digital age of mixin hasnt really got the minerals to touch the oldskool stylee but each to their own n all dat

Boring boring boring post...

Sorry to use a cliche, but opinions are like assholes... and by the looks of this there's plenty of those around here...

Opinions that is!

Some people like Mp3, some people like CD's, some like vinyl, all for their own very good and equally valid reasons. Get over it.

Capish?

i agree. it's important to know where you've come from, but you gotta know where you're heading.

yh deffo man but by the sounds of it u think that one day vinyls will be gone completly i wud hate to think that would ever happen, it wont happen will it?

vinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinvinylylvinvinylylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinylvinyl

:slick:

yh deffo man but by the sounds of it u think that one day vinyls will be gone completly i wud hate to think that would ever happen, it wont happen will it?

i hope not to an extent.
they've outlasted every other format, but natural resources are running out which means a physical format may become obsolete in years to come, as everything will become digital.

Boring boring boring post...

Sorry to use a cliche, but opinions are like assholes... and by the looks of this there's plenty of those around here...

Opinions that is!

Some people like Mp3, some people like CD's, some like vinyl, all for their own very good and equally valid reasons. Get over it.

Capish?

bit of pointless post mate this is an argument that probly goes on everyday everywhere so if u dnt like it get over it . capish ?

Back
Top Bottom