vinyl or mp3??

I see wot every1 is saying but u aint beatin vinyl !. I use virtual dj from time to time but its just not the same as my directs. You carnt beat the feel of the vinyl slippin away from ur sweatin finga tips at a gig lol Ow and my towns big record shop (5hq) has recently shut down and our hmv have stopped sellin vinyle ! I dont like to admit it but vinyl seems to be comin to an end...

Boring boring boring post...

Sorry to use a cliche, but opinions are like assholes... and by the looks of this there's plenty of those around here...

Opinions that is!

Some people like Mp3, some people like CD's, some like vinyl, all for their own very good and equally valid reasons. Get over it.

Capish?

lol... er... yeah so why bother posting on a forum then sunshine? capish!? :slick:

ive been on the scene from about 1990 and bitd it was all about seeing the dj actually dj that made up most of it for me.now to see someone on stage clicking a laptop seems fucking shit to me.yeh im with keeping with the times but ill never turn too mp3.

lol... er... yeah so why bother posting on a forum then sunshine? capish!? :slick:

Why not?

If two of your mates are constatly bickering about summat or other, you might eventually want to come in and point out that whilst their argument is valid, and you can see why they're arguing the toss, it's never going to end for the same reason...

No offence intended. maybe the Capish was going a bit too far - to be honest I was in a real shit mood at the time.... :lol:

I resent the sunshine though - I'm the same age as you mate!

Vinyl for me! Got about 2 and a half rooms full of the lovely things :)
But to be honest the future is Mp3..
Cd's carry the full spectrum where as vinly every thing under 18khz is cut off.. I do agree that vinly has a warmer sound 2 it like experts debate about from time to time. To me its all bout going to a record shop and actually being able to see what im buying (art work etc) Then getting it home and playing it on me deck!
That Vinyl crackle give me a stiffy:hotpants:

Bottom line is Vinyl sounds much better, Infinite Analogue will always rule over any digital environment. That’s a Fact. So while reproduction from vinyl is way “warmer/wider” (hate using that overused word in audio business) and more appealing to human ear in general, cds still have advantage as far as storage, price, etc, A great advantage of cds i find, is that it is a extremely helpful if a DJ is spinning cds for an up and coming producer that cant afford printing vinyl, but has the budget to burn his single and throw it to some locals.
Ups and downs

VINYL for all the tunes that have bin released n cdj for the tunes that aint so everyone can hear them ...however vinyl should be the only way

started mixing in 92 also,and i had always stuck with vinyl until 2006.i get a lot of tunes sent to me on mp3 and wav and cant afford to cut everything to dub,i do cut a lot though,and im so used to decks and vinyl i found it harder to mix on a cdj.

so i ended up getting a cdj last december to go with my 3 turntables so i could mix up all my latest stuff with my latest vinyl and also get sum practice with a cdj.
ill never give up vinyl,sadly tho i cant see vinyl still being pressed in 10/15 yrs from now.

Vinyl all the way dude. I totaly agree with you, i think that cdj's are a bitch move. I mean i want that challenge when im on the decks. I guess cdj's make it so easy to start a track and stuff and you can find where you want to your track very easy. But it's definately VINYLS alll day.....

you all seem too stuck in your ways.
why not just embrace the future, rather than trying to repell it.
progress is progress, and i for one am thankful for that.

Yo son, thanx for the reply . And i do agree with you about change. Its cool and ppl are scared of change but anyway, its the principle of just grabbing a vinyl form your bag and trying to fing you cue, its really fun as you know.But i am planing on on getting 1 CDJ 1000MK3...

i feel like a dick when i mix cd's just cos its so fucking easy, any idiot can get some and b andy c in a couple of weeks. committed vinyl operator here.... i also think that once ur good enough vinyl has got a lot more scope, particularly in dnb. i'm not knocking cdj's completely but it means we're gonna b flooded with shit dj's who don't actually know anything. i reckon u need vinyl 2 properly learn about the music. think the way forward is to use both, that way there's no limiting what u can do.

i am also stuck in the vinyl world of mixing.and i dont feel for cd djin so i brought stanton final scratch 2 and it works for me perfectly[home dj]. i was well impressed by how tight it is to mix n scratch with mp3s on time coded vinyl. you can easly switch to reguler vinyl . the future is here people,time code is the shizzel, if you got decks n a pc the go time code, dont be a fossel

i think its totally up to whoever is playing what they wanna play but personally i have never got my head around cdj's and never will tbh.
its vinyl all the way for me bar the odd cd now and again but i prefer to get stuff cut instead, just doesnt feel right as ive been playing vinyl since 94.

I use almost 100% MP3 / CDs.

Using vinyl is very hands-on and feels great, but when I play out I am playing almost 100% mp3 dubs or my own tunes. Not only do I not have the money to cut dubplates, but I don't really mind using a pair of CDJ1000-Mk3s cause they're pretty fun to use as well.

The sound quality issue is really annoying, because the club soundsystem and the way the tune has been produced have SO MUCH more bearing on how the tune sounds than weather it's 320 MP3 / WAV or vinyl.

I have no problem with people using vinyl, but all the signs are pointing towards a digital future for the music, and I can't understand having a problem with this, especially considering the availability of tools such as serato to keep up the hands on feel.

Just my two cents...

Back
Top Bottom